Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drivers have even got matching sideburn's

Saw the car on the BBC News a bit earlier, car got 10% of the coverage, Hamilton the other 90%, sign of things to come eh.

Comment

I am bit disappointed by the colour scheme as it just seems like a lazy throwback to last year's car, but I know that if the car is fundamentally sound, Fernando is more than capable of delivering another WDC and WCC, so let's hope that Mclaren has rediscovered their speed and reliability.

I do expect them to do well this year, as it was obvious that in '06 KR lacked motivation and spent the season dreaming about red, and the less said about JPM the better.
      Last edited by Richard.John; 16-01-2007, 00:56.

Comment

Pics of the 2007 BMW F1 car

and the 2007 Renault F1 car

infact, all of the 2007 cars seen so far via the first dropdown.

Comment

Interesting to see the Renault using the enclosed rear wheel thingamyjig like Ferrari last year, wonder who else will adopt it?

No one's really done anything different colour-scheme wise have they, even the Renault is practically exactly the same but with a darker blue.

Comment

Yeah, its getting a bit boring with the colour schemes, there's only really Williams left who I would imagine maybe having a drastically different colour scheme, hopefully they won't disappoint.

Comment

Isn't it Renault who are being sponsored by ING ? their car seemed very lacking in logo's (and a new colour ??)

EDIT: looks like I was right

Originally posted by BBC
              The R27 is running in an interim livery ahead of the team's official launch on 24 January.
              Last edited by VR46; 16-01-2007, 21:02.

Comment

I've only just discovered this in the newest copy of Evo but one of my most favourite production cars ever is going to get another special edition. Except this time it's even more wonderfull.

It has been dedicated to Richard Burns as he was at Subaru when he won his WRC and it is a lovely Impreza. Also the first RB made was raffled with the procedes going to the Richard Burns Foundation.

Comment

I swear that car above was posted here aaages ago.

Mclaren nice, ferrari nice, bmw nice, Toyota nice ...

hopefully renault won't be white... seeing the logo of their sponsor 'white/orange'

Comment

The Renault team is just running a test livery as they have lost Mild Seven. I am sure the car will be different on launch day as ING's corporate colour is orange apparently.

I wish one of the major teams would have the balls to run an entirely black car, like Honda's test beast, but sponsors wouldn't go for it I suppose.

Last edited by Richard.John; 17-01-2007, 00:44.

Comment

That Imprezza was posted a couple of months back yes.

Think people would still associate black F1 cars with the JPS one's of the 70's, hence no-one has had one since, I could be completely wrong of course.

Comment

I'll have a fiver that the Renault will be the same as that just with orange ING logo's all over it. Their colours are dark blue (like the word ING on their site) and orange. Think we may have discussed this already too.

Would love a black Honda on the grid. Whose corporate colours are black these days though? that's the only reason the cars are the colours they are at the end of the day.

Comment

Guinness? Dieago own the brand but are curently using JW on the Macca. We can but dream!

Imagine a black or yellow Ferrari! Some of you may know of course that red is not Ferrari's colour just the Italian racing hue. AFIAK, Giallo Modena (yellow) is the Scuderia's house colour.
                          Last edited by Richard.John; 17-01-2007, 14:27.

Comment

I think the Arrows team in 1998 had a Black car.

Yeah black honda looks nice, the cars just keep getting stylish every year. None looking tacky like some back in the past.

Comment

It's amazing what your favourite driver can do for a car. I was never found of the silver Mclaren but with the coveted number 1 on the nose and Nando in control, it is a looker.

Let's just hope that Mercedes keep up their end of the deal.

Last edited by Richard.John; 18-01-2007, 00:38.

Comment

Fanboy

There's no decent images I can find but Alonso has completely changed his helmet design as well, seems to race for McL you need to have the standard design and white band around the top.

Not surprising really as his last design was pretty much team colours for Renault but as it was also the Catalan (or whatever) flag and now Renault have changed colurs I thought he may have kept it.

Comment

Working...
                                X