No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was an interesting turn of events given the form book leading up to qualifying suggesting that Ferrari would be dominant again. Hamilton seems to drive beyond his years. Can't be long till he gets his first pole and win.

Thought Heidfeld put in another solid performance. BMW look like they could be there to capitalise on any weakness shown by the big guns.

And only a week to wait till the next one!

Comment

And then a month to the next!

Comment

Hamilton was fantastic, Alonso never put a foot wrong, Massa gave us the only "action" for an entire race, and I feel deeply sorry for Rosberg, he drove a very decent race, and I really wanted Williams to score some much needed points again. So the race wasn't to exciting (again) ...

Comment

Yeah, such a shame for Rosberg. I felt abit ratty when they said rosberg has a problem with his car.

i was suprised at the end to see kovalinen getting his 1st point.

Comment

Rosberg is looking good so far this season and it looks at the moment that Williams may be in front of Renault on performance, making them the fourth fastest team at the moment. Good to see them getting back nearer the front, it will be interesting to see if they can keep up with the development race throughout the season though.

Comment

From James (the twat) Allens review of the race:

Originally posted by the twat
              I have been careful to manage expectations about Lewis because this is a hype-driven sport and often it?s only that.
              What a load of bollocks, all he ever does is rave on about "the young" Lewis Hamilton.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm pleased he's in F1, that he's got into a good car and clearly has the skill to mix it with the big boys. If it wasn't for him Sepang would have been a total snore-fest from start to finish.

Comment

The twat? Yeah, he is, and yeah, he has been constantly waxing lyrically about Hamilton. ITV should fire the fat, greasy-haired ****er.

Comment

Same goes for Steve Ryder, he seems to know nothing about F1 and talks constantly about Hamilton. Get rid of him and bring back the awesome Jim Rosenthal!

Comment

I quite like James Allen, don't understand the bad feelings towards him, he says the odd stupid thing but when you have to talk about a race for two hours you are bound to say something silly.

Comment

He's too exciteable, doesn't actually know an awful lot about F1 and has the annoying habit of being overly critical/overly praiseworthy towards drivers.

Comment

His knowledge seems good enough to me. Then again as much as a masisve F1 fan as I am I have never really been overly into the techinical side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                          His knowledge seems good enough to me. Then again as much as a masisve F1 fan as I am I have never really been overly into the techinical side of things.
                          Yeah, his knowledge is fine and easily a lot better than mine. He also does a better job of the commentating than I ever could. As you say, 2 hours is a long time to waffle about a dull race. He's been involved in F1 for years now and has written books about MSc I think.

What gets me is just the pure rubbish he comes out with sometimes, like the comment I was quoting earlier on. Why say something like that when he clearly has been building up Lewis as the Messiah ever since it was rumoured he would be in F1 this year. I can't ever remember him 'managing expectations' at all.

Comment

In regards to James' knowledge, yes, he knows more than us about F1 but well he bloody might considering he's payed to talk about the subject and we're not.

When I watch races with my brother, who works in F1, he's constantly correcting James 'the twat' Allen's commentry and tells me the general consensus amongst British F1 teams is he's a cock who knows next to little.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                              In regards to James' knowledge, yes, he knows more than us about F1 but well he bloody might considering he's payed to talk about the subject and we're not.

When I watch races with my brother, who works in F1, he's constantly correcting James 'the twat' Allen's commentry and tells me the general consensus amongst British F1 teams is he's a cock who knows next to little.
                              What does your bro do Charlie?

Comment

Aeronautical engineer for Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X