No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really surprises me, hadn't heard anything about it and didn't think Bernie was keen on road circuits, should be good, can't wait to see that in use.

Comment

Odd considering Bernie's distaste for Europe these days. That's the power of Alonso-mania for you!

Comment

Yeah, it sounds good, we need a couple more street circuits on the calender, excellent replacement for the boring Nurburgring (although we still get this every other year).

Comment

Spanish Grand Prix on ITV

Live qualifying Saturday 12 May 1230-1420 ITV1

Live race Sunday 13 May 1200-1510 ITV1

Highlights Monday 14 May 0015-0115 ITV1

Highlights re-run Monday 14 May 1800-1900 ITV4

Also, Singapore has been confirmed a race next year, at night, on a street circuit. 3 in one year!! Bernie's been playing too much PGR!

Comment

It must be said that night races are a gimmick but it will still be interesting to see. Flies in the face of Bernie's 'Europe is the past, Asia is the future' as he wants night races in Asia to attract the European afternoon crowd. He knows his bread and butter.

Comment

That'll be interesting to see how the night races affect the drivers, teams etc.

but for this spanish grand prix, it's finally here and can't wait to watch the qualifying.

Checking on the final tests, renault are looking pretty good. but being as it is testing, i don't think it will turn out as good as that in the qualy on Sat.

Massa or Alonso for pole.

Comment

That was close at the top. Should be a good one tomorrow!

Comment

Massa WDC tbh said start of season, deserves it seems a nice guy. Raikonnen on the other hand...

Comment

Bruno Senna just took his maiden GP2 win today. Looks like we might have the Senna name back in F1 in a couple of years at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                      Bruno Senna just took his maiden GP2 win today. Looks like we might have the Senna name back in F1 in a couple of years at this rate.
                      Would be nice to see

Good quali today, looking forward to tomorrows race.

Comment

A dull race I suppose. They should drop the circuit if it's impossible to over take on.

I imagine that ITV-F1 is going to have the wank fest of the century considering that Lewis is leading the WDC.

Comment

Wasn't the most exciting of races, I agree. Nice to see DC having a good drive and well done Sato!

Comment

The "I'll get you soon" comment from Hamilton to Massa made him look like a little arrogant f***.
                            He is letting it all go to his head now, I blame ITV for hyping him up to a point where Hamilton is starting to beleive it himself.

Stupid, stupid mistake from Alonso though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastslyfox View Post
                              The "I'll get you soon" comment from Hamilton to Massa made him look like a little arrogant f***.
                              Oh, I dunno. It seemed to me that Hamilton and Massa actually get on pretty well and it was more like a mate having a dig. Yes, there's been a lot of hype (fairly usual for ITV and British drivers) but I've been impressed with Hamilton so far. Be interesting to see how he reacts when things don't go so well.

Comment

It wasn't so much it being difficult to overtake. Just that the cars are stupidly far apart fairly soon. Watched the British superbikes and the front runners all cross the line still batlling it out at the end of the race. F1 has lost it for me. I used to watch it all the time. Now I just know I'm going to be disappointed. Tuned in today just in case. And was disappointed. Sad state of affairs for the supposed premier car racing series

Comment

Working...
                                X