No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite like having these races on around dinner time (here in Blighty), much more amicable if you want to go out for the day etc.

Hoping it's a cracking race and the McLaren's, Ferrari's and BMW's are fairly closely matched.

Comment

It's Peugeot, Audi, Peugeot, Audi on the front two rows at Le Mans. McNish is second in the Audi and Villeneuve is third in the Pug.

Wish it was on normal TV a bit, doubt I'll see more than 1 minute of coverage

Comment

And also, Vettel is in for Kubica, F1 docs siad no to him racing in case of another accident hurting him more. Imagine that's because of the head injury.

Comment

I hope he wins the race so at least it will give the press something other than Lewis to talk about!! LOL

Comment

I am hoping for an Alonso victory but will be happy with anyone other than Lewis Hamilton!
            Lewis needs a good dose of humble pie IMO.

Comment

What because he's done so well ? he'll make a mistake one day don't worry.

Comment

I think its just the British mentality coming through. Now we have someone who is actually doing well at something we want him to fail. We seem to prefer nearly men to the winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastslyfox View Post
                  Lewis needs a good dose of humble pie IMO.
                  Hamilton has hardly been an arrogant show off has he? He seems quite humble enough to me. Don't blame him for the media circus that hypes him
                  up.

Comment

I think the "monkeys" comment showed his arrogant side. I think a year in the lower ranks of F1 would have done him a lot of good.

Perhaps I have let the British media cloud my judgement of the guy, only time will tell.

Anyway, let's just enjoy qualifying

Comment

Cracking performance from Hamilton, really didn't expect him to out-qualify Alonso today. Grid is set up nicely for a real close race.

Comment

Indeed. Hopefully will be an entertaining one. The BMW Sauber team seem to be putting in consistently good performances. Thought Vettel did well for his first outing. Nice to see Kovalainen have a good qualifying result too.

Comment

If Hamilton wins and Alonso somehow doesn't finish.. oh my, the British press would be exploding in their pants me thinks. Especially that ITV commentator alongside Brundle(sp?).

Comment

Congrats to lewis. I think Nando may just be carrying a few more laps of fuel though. He was lapping a good second slower than lewis in the early part of Q3.

Should be an interesting race tomorrow.

Comment

It seems odd as FA was quickest in every session of the weekend up to Q2 so he may be heavier as he hinted in the PC about Q3 not meaning much. If he wants to beat LH, he needs to sort out his starts though as the others are dangerous at the first corner.

Comment

Just imagine if Alonso takes out Hamilton on the first corner. The British press would probably encourage us to hang effigies of Alonso and go around smashing up your nearest Seat Ibiza.

Comment

Working...
                                X