No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to be confirmed that Vettel will drive for the proper Red Bull team next season

Edit, now official
    Last edited by VR46; 17-07-2008, 12:25.

Comment

No surprise there, bit of a pisser for Bourdais though who was supposed to be the next big noise after his performances across the pond. Can't see anyone else picking him up.

Comment

Is Bourdais contracted for next year? I remember him being on course for a 4th or something in Australia but haven't seen much of him since then. It's hard to expect anything of him in a TR though.

Comment

Don't know, what you can expect from every driver is that they need to be as good as their team mate though, and he's not. Not by a long shot in fact.

Will we even have Torro Rosso next year, they're up for sale remember and no buyer yet.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's by a long shot, they're both lucky if they get to the end of a race.

Comment

I feel a bit for Bourdais, he's a good driver with good pedigree - He should have been in F1 long before now.

From what I was reading, it appears to be the grooved tyres that he is struggling with, which if I recall correctly are disappearing next season.

Whether he still has a drive then, remains to be seen.

Comment

Thought you'd have to check the listings for this w/e's major motorsport action? Think again!

German Grand Prix on ITV from Hockenheim

Live quali Saturday 19 July 1210-1440 ITV1

Qualifying highlights Sunday 20 July 1030-1200 ITV4

Live race Sunday 20 July 1200-1500 ITV1

Race highlights Sunday 20 July 2245-2345 ITV1

Highlights re-run Monday 21 July 1800-1900 ITV4

GP2 action on ITV
                Feature race Saturday 19 July 1700-1840 ITV4

Live sprint race Sunday 20 July 0925-1030 ITV4

US MotoGP on the BBC from Laguna Seca

Race Sunday 20 July 2140-2300, BBC TWO

Comment

oooh two of my favourite tracks Laguna and Hockenheim, should be a great weekends racing

Comment

I know we've not been at Hockenheim for the last year (or is it two) but you can't have forgotten what a travesty it is now compared to the 'glory days'. Or have you? I can't bear it just out of principal now after that damn Tilke got his hands on it and a digger!

Laguna Seca though

Comment

Seeing (from the forest) the World Superbikes hitting 200mph at Hockenheim about nine years back is a very fond memory, it's not the same nowadays, but the place has a great history.

And can't help but love the corkscrew at Laguna, how I would love to stand at the top of it.

Comment

To drive Laguna Seca is on my life 'to do' list. One day it will happen and I will be crapping my pants as I drop into the corkscrew the first time.

Comment

For true "crapping" it's got to be done on two wheels surely ?

Comment

Button & Barrichello have both been confirmed for Honda for 2009.

Comment

Yes, AS 'forcing' AP off the track into one of the chicanes in 90 or 91 was classic. Mansell winning in 91 was great too.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                                Button & Barrichello have both been confirmed for Honda for 2009.
                                Button was a certainty but I really thought that Ruebens would be on his way at the end of the year. Maybe it was a case that no-one else wanted to drive for them!

Comment

Working...
                                X