Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope alonso takes hamilton out...

Then that'll put massa in the lead, then raikkonen 2nd.

Then when the next pit stop comes they'll make sure massa's stop is slow.

Then raikkonen wins to be champ....

Credited:

James Allen

Comment

So you'd rather there was no skill involved at all in the race? That would certainly make it boring.

John

Comment

Massa confirmed at Ferrari until end of 2010, unlucky Fernando

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcL7 View Post
          So you'd rather there was no skill involved at all in the race? That would certainly make it boring.

John
          What you mean like when Mika and Coulthard raced at Australia in 99 at start of season and Coulthard pulled over and let him win? Guess thats different as its got a Mclaren badge on it :P When Mclaren do it its fine any other team especially Ferrari = nail em to the wall I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
            What you mean like when Mika and Coulthard raced at Australia in 99 at start of season and Coulthard pulled over and let him win? Guess thats different as its got a Mclaren badge on it :P When Mclaren do it its fine any other team especially Ferrari = nail em to the wall I guess.
            Seriously, what the hell are you smoking? Who's condoning those actions?

Comment

Umm - you seem to be under the impression I've discussed this with you previously which is most certainly not the case, you are making completely incorrect assumptions. In the end I'm not that bothered about who wins, I'm more interested in the racing itself. I'd much rather see a really close four way race between the drivers with a nail biting finish than a two hour parade where someone loses the race in the pits. The hypothetical scenario above is just as dull and devoid of skill which is not what I enjoy watching.

John

Comment

I must correct you on the Australia 99 Grand prix.

i remember that race like it was yesterday,

1.Eddie Irvine
                2.Heinz Harald Frentzen
                3.Ralf Schumacher

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                  Massa confirmed at Ferrari until end of 2010, unlucky Fernando

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7046831.stm
                  I'm pretty sure he'll stay at McL now, he'd be a fool to leave anyway, especially if he wins on Sunday.

Comment

renault should re-sign fisi... stop messing him about over bloody nando

Comment

Apparently Renault are happy to have Alonso back if he leaves McLaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                        I'm pretty sure he'll stay at McL now, he'd be a fool to leave anyway, especially if he wins on Sunday.
                        McLaren might not want to keep him though, bear in mind he's lost them the constructor's championship worth around 100 million dollars and he's been badmouthing them recently as well. While that might be acceptable if he was signficantly faster than Hamilton, he isn't.

John

Comment

do you think aguri will re-sign davidson?

Comment

R.Schumacher has been quoted as saying he will be racing in F1 next year, and I think it's a good chance it will be at Williams or Spyker.

A lot still depends on if Alonso stays at McLaren - I'd put strong money on Rosberg going to McLaren if Alonso leaves.

This potentially opens up two places at Williams, and a good chance for Davidson - If anyone is going to have a stab at Davidson it will be Williams.

Comment

Rain in the first practice session today, great stuff, imagine if we get another downpour like Germany or Japan! Often rains in Brazil too.

Kimi was fastest in the session with Massa second.

Interestingly the ITV F1 sites poll today is who do you think will win the championship, Lewis, Nando or Kimi and Lewis is in the lead with Kimi in second. I've decided I want Kimi to win it now due to all the silliness from McL this season.

Also, I hate the Ferrari wheel covers, wheels should spin when the cars moving.

Comment

I think we could end up with a Ferrari one two on Sunday. Has Kimi won as many races as Hamilton ?

ITV's coverage, race starts 5pm Sunday
                                Brazilian Grand Prix on ITV

Live qualifying Saturday 20 October 1630-1830 ITV4

Qualifying highlights Saturday 20 October 2350-0050 ITV1

Live race Sunday 21 October 1600-1900 ITV1

Highlights Sunday 21 October 2345-0045 ITV1

Highlights re-run Monday 22 October 1800-1900 ITV4

Comment

Working...
                                X