No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC took over the entire ITV production team, lock stock and barrel.

Comment

One thing the Beeb did do when they showed it previously was to run from their own camera feeds - Seems to have slipped a few people's mind that one.

On the whole I expect it to be more in depth this time around - Remember that ITV only show qualifying because it is part of the contract with Bernie to do so. I don't doubt the coverage will be any less when it moves over to the BBC, Bernie will have made sure of that.

BBC are pushing their streaming technology a lot of late, so I expect we will see a lot more than ITV in this regard.

On the whole it is a great move, and no interupts in the race, and full post race interviews - Every F1 fan should be pleased with this

Comment

Watch the BBC cut bits short to jump to horse riding or minor athletics

Comment

All rumour atm, but the BBC are not supposed to of paid any more per season than ITV are, around £30m a season. It seems whatever ITV are saying that it was F1 that cut the contract short, and Bernie was saying on fivelive that it was for coverage reasons, believing that the BBC could offer them more time and better overall coverage with TV - Radio - Web - Mobile and interactive. Bernie seemed to be sniping at ITV a bit suggesting that they would not be able to offer them as much time in the future, seemed to me that he had some insider knowledge on some planned changes at ITV.

I have fonder memories of F1 on the Beeb than I do on ITV, but that's probably more to do with the quality of the sport at that time rather than the coverage. I think the BBC should maybe consider a clean break with the coverage, and put a new team in place. The only member of the itv team I particularly like is Brundel, but saying that I quite enjoyed when DH commentated last year, and he seemed to be putting himself forward on the Radio this morning !

Ah, it will be worth the move just for the tune !

Comment

Was thinking about this when i got into work this morning. Didn't bbci give the option of different commentary and more importantly No commentary during the last World Cup?

Would be an excellent option to have.

Comment

You could select the five live or tv commentators.

Comment

It's funny, just a couple of days ago I was talking to my brother about adverts in F1, then I read an article this morning about it switching back to BBC next year! I'll be glad to have no interruptions in the race, but I do remember the BBC coverage being a bit bare-bones. At the same time though, a lot of the pre-race coverage on ITV is not that great and is full of repetition. I hope we'll see Martin Brundle carried over, but I couldn't really care less about the rest, especially Steve Rider; that guy does my head in.

Comment

God damn I dislike Steve Rider, I hope he's left behind. So funny that he switched from BBC to ITV last year to do the F1 and now it's going back.

Comment

Originally posted by SS004 View Post
                    One thing the Beeb did do when they showed it previously was to run from their own camera feeds - Seems to have slipped a few people's mind that one.
                    Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                    Last year was WS and not ITV's fault, they can only show the feed they are given by Bernies company who own/run all the TV side of things.
                    I remember! That's what I was getting at about the widescreen broadcasts. Although now they probably wouldn't be allowed to do that. If I remember correctly ITV took on the BBC F1 staff too, so I can see it happening again.

Comment

Hang on, what's wrong with widescreen?

Comment

Interesting to see BBC getting the rights to F1... It will be better as i do get fed up of watching the Naff/Non Funny Adverts now-a-days.

The BBC want James Allen to be the main commentator. They are not interested in Martin Brundle as they beleive his commentating isn't orgasmic as Allens.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_the_browndog View Post
                          The BBC want James Allen to be the main commentator. They are not interested in Martin Brundle as they beleive his commentating isn't orgasmic as Allens.
                          Let's not start these posts again, adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
                            Hang on, what's wrong with widescreen?
                            Nothing I missed a word in my post before, should be:
                            Last year was WS and it's not ITV's fault (that it wasn't before).
                            Just commenting on the reason that it wasn't WS before '07 but it will always be from now on. In another 10 years or so we may even get HD.

Can we set this board to ignore users? I do it on other forums and it makes for a much better experience but have never had to here.........before.

Comment

Ah okay, couldn't make out whether you guys were trying to say widescreen was a good thing or a bad thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                                In another 10 years or so we may even get HD.
                                We can only dream!

Comment

Working...
                                X