Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not forget the difference between massa and lewis at silverstone

Comment

I am already sick of the media gushing over him. Better get used to it I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
        Lets not forget the difference between massa and lewis at silverstone
        Flip side at Bahrain. Massa had 3 retirements to Lewis 1 and couple of cock ups in the pits. Lewis had penaltys Massa had a penatly horses for courses with em both. 5wins for Hamilton 6 Wins for Massa They both deserved to win it.

Race results

Australia
        Hamilton 1st
        Massa Ret

Malaysia
        Hamilton 5th
        Massa Ret

Bahrain
        Massa 1st
        Hamilton 13th

Spain
        Massa 2nd
        Hamilton 3rd

Turkey
        Massa 1st
        Hamilton 2nd

Monaco
        Hamilton 1st
        Massa 3rd

Canada
        Massa 5th
        Hamilton Ret

France
        Massa 1st
        Hamilton 10th

Great Britain
        Hamilton 1st
        Massa 13th

Germany
        Hamilton 1st
        Massa 3rd

Hungary
        Hamilton 5th
        Massa 17th classified (engine issues)

Europe
        Massa 1st
        Hamilton 2nd

Belgium
        Massa 1st
        Hamilton 3rd

Italy
        Massa 6th
        Hamilton 7th

Singapore
        Hamilton 3rd
        Massa 13th

Japan
        Massa 7th
        Hamilton 12th

China
        Hamilton 1st
        Massa 2nd

Brasil
        Massa 1st
        Hamilton 5th

Comment

Hamilton deserved to win as he had more points.

Comment

Didn't realise there was so much hate out there for Lewis!

British winners are always hated in some way, even by the Brits who'd rather cheer on Eddie The Eagle Edward or some such ****.

What was Kubica doing on the final laps? Unlapping himself.... not heard of that terminology before - can someone explain what it is and why he was doing it?

Comment

Ask Eddie Irvine about the time he did it to Senna.

If you are lapped, when the race leader crosses the line to take the win, your race is over. If on the same lap, you can still make up positions if you have the chance. (AFAIK)

Maybe that was the reason, or he was just having fun at Lewis' expense.

For me personally, I don't get the 'he is (will be) as good as Senna or Schumacher' for example when we still have another two world champs in the sport who are both more than good enough to beat him in the years to come and will, I am sure, given the right equipment.
              Last edited by Richard.John; 03-11-2008, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                Hamilton deserved to win as he had more points.
                That's it basically, and I'd be saying the same if it was Massa (Who I really like).

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
                Didn't realise there was so much hate out there for Lewis!

British winners are always hated in some way, even by the Brits who'd rather cheer on Eddie The Eagle Edward or some such ****.

What was Kubica doing on the final laps? Unlapping himself.... not heard of that terminology before - can someone explain what it is and why he was doing it?
                We love to hate our own, always have. We just like having something to moan about.

Did Kubica come in? I think it was the same with Glock, in that he stayed on dry tires and so was competitive when the rest moved to intermediates, until the rain started to take effect.

Comment

They unlap themselfs for classification incase theirs a major accident on the last lap (if their a lap down then the standings would stay no matter how much the carnage for those on the same lap so if your a lap down you cant benifit from it).

Ive always supported British drivers m8 ever since James Hunt it was the reason I started watching F1 when I was 3 because of him. Was a big fan of the underdog Herbert and of course our winners Mansell and Hill. Also liked Coulthard since he joined and past ones of Warwick, Palmer, Irvine and even Brundle when he was driving. Until Hill moved from Williams Id always supported our British and when he finished I ended up warming to Schummy as his attitude changed (was more to do with Irvine at the time) but always hoped for awhile that Coulthard just might get their as well. I actually got right behind Lewis for first few races last year was really exited. Oh I forgot Button as well but I guess everyone does now

Lewis just gives that distate to me that Schummy did when he started out so I hope I warm to him like I did Schummy and I can appreciate his driving more than his attitude. At the moment I feel the same as I guess I did when Hill and Schummy had their fight.

At moment though they shouldnt utter Senna and Schummy in the same sentance as Lewis.

Comment

Go Alonso and Massa for next year. Not Lewis.

Comment

I think Lewis was in a rush because of the MOB!! Seriously, he was so hated there a stabbing wouldn't have really surprised me. I have read many dodgy Brazilian stories!

Comment

Its not suprising though when you have our commentators shoving british flags up at the crowd to taunt them right next to them just before the start of the race lol That even made me cringe that something bad was about to happen.

I mean F1 drivers have been kidnapped before it happened to Fangio in Cuba so not a great idea to do it especially in Brazil with how many goes on now.

Comment

Logic puzzle for you:

Massa was better as he had retirements (due to his car not being as good as McLaren)
                          Ferrari win constructor's championship (presumably cos the car is better).
                          Hamilton's team mate did not push for the title as he was not able to make the car outperform outher constructors (so the car cannot have been AMAZING).
                          Hamilton outperformed his World Champion teammate in his first season (so he is at least close to alonso in ability).

Please rearrange to make LH the **** driver in the pack.

Comment

It's clear Mclaren are a one man team - That is the answer to your rather easy puzzle

Comment

Na its even easier last year Mclaren was rebranded a Ferrari but they got caught thats why they didnt win constructers this year Also add Alonso got frozen out of the Mclaren team so their not going to give him that extra push. Ron only had one breast to suckle and Lewis had that already so Alonso just had to go.

I pray Alonso gets a good car like he has at end of this year because his ability in that pretty run of the mill Renault (just have to gauge his team m8 for that) has been fantastic.

Comment

Mclaren deserve Constructors and Massa divers, simple and glock had a nice new merc delivered today no doubt......what a load of cack.......................

Comment

Working...
                                X