No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All gone a bit quiet on the Kimi front hasn't it. Get the feeling he may well be finished with F1. Only if Button stays at Brawn will he have a chance at a decent seat I'd think.

Comment

The Brawn GP story was short lived then.

Comment

Yeah but they achieved what Toyota couldn't in seven(?) years and without spending billion plus pounds.

And I'm not just talking about winning a single race...

Comment

I read somewhere that if Kimi just sits on his current contract (which if he doesn't take another drive, Ferrari are still obliged to pay him it) he earns more than most of the teams are actually willing to offer.

He's said himself he doesn't want a drive just for the sake of it, he wants a top team or nothing and is quite prepared to sit out the whole season to get it.

Comment

Yeah, I'd sit out a year for €20m+ too. Hard life!

Comment

I see Grand Prix Legends have just sent out a rather hasty email offering cheap Brawn merchandise and free shipping etc. "please buy all our stock that's now useless"!

Comment

Apparently Mercedes are saying that they are not after an all-German driver line-up so maybe Button will stay after all. I would have thought Brawn might be the better long term plan but I think that for 2010 McLaren would be the best bet.

If he does move, I certainly wouldn't be sad to see Raikkonen out of F1.

EDIT: Just saw this mockup on PlanetF1

Last edited by Roddie; 16-11-2009, 14:43.

Comment

I am not so sure that LH will crush JB. I predicted that FA would do the same to LH and how wrong I was. JB proved himself this year and I hope he can take the fight to LH. It would be good for the sport.

Comment

Guardian are reporting that Button will move to McLaren on a 3 year contract (paying 6 million per year).

Comment

Looks that way yes. Think he'll give Hamilton a good run for his money and hopefully bring out the best in both of them.

Going to take Alonso a while to adjust to the Ferrari if Fisi's few races are anything to go by.

Glad Glock will still be in F1 on 2010, even if it's "just" with Manor

Comment

Alonso should get on better with the Ferrari than Fisichella did since he has experience with KERS.

Comment

Gentleman's agreement in place that no teams will be using KERS next year. Williams may not stick to it though.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                            even if it's "just" with Manor
                            Or 'Virgin F1', as it looks like they're going to be called. They should sign Kobayashi as well, hell, someone needs to.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                              Gentleman's agreement in place that no teams will be using KERS next year. Williams may not stick to it though.
                              Ah, was forgetting about that, guess there will definitely be no issue then.

I remember that Williams said they were planning on using KERS despite the agreement, which I don't really understand since they have been accepted back into FOTA.

Comment

Button to McLaren, Kimi to sit out the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X