No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a Dutch site that I've seen linked to in this thread. Can't remember the name, but hopefully someone here knows the one I'm talking about!

Comment

So the action starts tomorrow on interactive and online at 0655!

BAHRAIN

Sakhir, 12-14 March, 2010

Friday 12 March
      Practice one: 0655-0835, BBC Red Button/online
      Practice two: 1100-1230, BBC Red Button/online

Saturday 13 March
      Practice three: 0755-0855, BBC Red Button/online
      Qualifying: 1000-1230, BBC One/online and BBC Radio 5 live/online

Sunday 14 March
      Race: 1110-1415, BBC One/online and BBC Radio 5 live/online
      Post race forum: 1415-1515, BBC Red Button/online
      Highlights: 1900-2000 and 0150-0245, BBC Three (highlights then looped on Red Button)

Comment

Looking forward to it - I watched the online bbc stuff yesterday where Coulthard and co where being interviewed in the studio. It was quite interesting, and worth a watch if you're really into your F1.

So, let's have some tips then, who wins in Sakhir, and who for the title:

I'm going for a Vettel firs race victory and Alonso for the title, with Hamilton and Vettel in close attendance.

Surprise of the season will be Sauber, who are the lightest on tyre wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
          So the action starts tomorrow on interactive and online at 0655!

BAHRAIN

Sakhir, 12-14 March, 2010

Friday 12 March
          Practice one: 0655-0835, BBC Red Button/online
          Practice two: 1100-1230, BBC Red Button/online

Saturday 13 March
          Practice three: 0755-0855, BBC Red Button/online
          Qualifying: 1000-1230, BBC One/online and BBC Radio 5 live/online

Sunday 14 March
          Race: 1110-1415, BBC One/online and BBC Radio 5 live/online
          Post race forum: 1415-1515, BBC Red Button/online
          Highlights: 1900-2000 and 0150-0245, BBC Three (highlights then looped on Red Button)
          Thanks for that. Great to see I can watch FP1 tomorrow morning and it'll only make me half an hour late for work, worth it I think.

Comment

I've got tomorrow booked off work for a wedding at 11am so I think I'm going to be watching first practise.

It's taken these past 5 months to realise how much I've been missing F1 on the weekends! Has anyone else been watching the BBC Red Button re runs of classic F1 races at South Africa and Brazil?

Reminds you how unreliable the Turbo Chargers were back then, slightly like KERS was last season!

Comment

Originally posted by SS004 View Post
              Looking forward to it - I watched the online bbc stuff yesterday where Coulthard and co where being interviewed in the studio. It was quite interesting, and worth a watch if you're really into your F1.
              I enjoyed watching all those features and the team that the BBC have assembled are great, with one exception:

Eddie Jordan gives me the rage!!

Can't wait for Sat - hopefully I'll be able to sneakily watch practice at work tomorrow too.

Comment

I don't mind EJ too much, it's Humphreys and Legard I can't stand; they should **** off back to football.

Comment

I really like Jake's stuff. He gives off that 'kid who can't believe where he is' vibe, he's an 'in' for the audience who aren't already petrolheads.

Anyway, it all kicks off tomorrow on the red button for first and second practice. 7am GMT for first practice...

Comment

Jake is ok, it's Legard who needs to sod off.

Aaargh I can't wait for this. I really can't call it between the top teams, but I'm going to say Lewis to win the race.

Comment

I've got goosebumps for this.

When I see Schumacher pull out onto the track I'll know the wait's finally over. There's just so many variables involved this season it's impossible to call.

The only thing I really hope doesn't end up being a spectacular failure is the refuelling ban. Let's hope there is some overtaking and/or really interesting and varied approaches to the race, and that they don't all end up going round nose to tail without any on-track action.

Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                        Jake is ok, it's Legard who needs to sod off.

Aaargh I can't wait for this. I really can't call it between the top teams, but I'm going to say Lewis to win the race.
                        The way Jake wants to try and convince us he's best buds with every single person in the paddock is grating (while his attempts to bum Coulthard are embarrassing). How the hell the BBC can justify employing someone with such a lack of insight as Legard is truly baffling.

Comment

Mclaren will be offering live telemetry on their site - http://mclaren.com/home .

GPS data, car telemetry, pit lane comments and comments from back at the factory. They might also be transcribing the drivers radio's as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                            Mclaren will be offering live telemetry on their site - http://mclaren.com/home .

GPS data, car telemetry, pit lane comments and comments from back at the factory. They might also be transcribing the drivers radio's as well.
                            Bang goes any reason to buy the overpriced iphone app then!

Comment

And we're off. This season is going to ROCK!

Comment

That Lotus looks a little bit rigid going over the kerbs, that can't be very comfy. Still, they're getting way more running than the other new teams.

Nice to see the Hispania finally get on track, but they're clearly going to be right at the back come Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X