No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't see Kimi back in F1 after a years break will we. He had done sod all since winning the title in 2007 really so won't be greatly missed by many I'm sure.

Comment

Schumacher to drive for Mercedes F1?

Comment

Good to see that today the Gilles Villeneuve track in Canada has been confirmed for the F1 2010 calendar.

Comment

yep, that some good news, it's a great track and most races there have been awesome!
          I've read that Kimi is close to make a deal with Citroen for a year of WRC, all being payed by RedBull, very smart from RedBull it would be a MAJOR boost for WRC when Raikonen would join for a year, something the sport really needs IMO, I love to watch WRC it's a great championship it just never gets the attention it needs, with Raikonen joining it would for sure atrack more people to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
            Schumacher to drive for Mercedes F1?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8368107.stm
            That I would really like to see, can you imagine the Germans going mental when Schumi would join Mercedes... German race winning team with Schumacher behind the wheel....

but I think it will never happen..

Comment

I don't know, think Schumacher was "forced" in to retiring a couple of years too early, sure he still has the desire to show these young whipper-snappers how it's done.

Can't what the for new season to start whatever

Comment

yep, it's been quite a long time since so many big names changed teams at once and ofcourse the arrival of some new teams and the no refueling can be very interesting as well.

Fernando vs Massa in the Ferrari and Lewis vs Jenson in the McLarens... all looking very promising indeed, brave decision by Jenson because I think Lewis will blow him away on the track
                and ofcourse Rosberg in the Mercedes, I have a feeling he will be really quick... oh yes almost forget the RedBull guys.... damn , next season has all the ingredients of being spectacular !!

Comment

Sauber team has been confirmed for the grid for 2010. Renault trying to sell the team to Dave Richards and Villenueve possibly returning in a Lotus, lots of F1 speculation doing the rounds at the minute. Hopefully the second driver at Mercedes will be confirmed soon also.

Comment

Raikonen has been confirmed for racing next year in WRC with the C4 (Citroen junior team), great move by Citroen and RedBull to get him in the car.

Comment

Yes, be interesting to see how he gets on, he could have easily just gone on the p*ss for 12 months so must admit he's gone up in my estimations.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                        Sauber team has been confirmed for the grid for 2010. Renault trying to sell the team to Dave Richards and Villenueve possibly returning in a Lotus, lots of F1 speculation doing the rounds at the minute. Hopefully the second driver at Mercedes will be confirmed soon also.
                        Looks more and more like the Prodrive deal will happen, but I read they're still going to race under the name Renault.

Comment

Villeneuve seems like an odd choice, what's he been up to since BMW gave him the boot a few seasons back? Wonder what his expectations are, coming back in in one of the brand new teams? Interesting times.

Comment

Think the newer teams will go with someone older and experienced and a rookie, they get the best of both worlds then, Villeneuve, not sure, some bits of Touring Cars and didn't he take part in Le Mans 24 hours - I could be wrong there?

Did read an interesting article on his "interview/training", can't remember where now, basically a 60 minute physical and mental test, with no longer than a five second gap at any point (the idea being it's the same as being on a straight I guess).

Comment

2010 Championship odds from Coral

Lewis Hamilton 5/2
                              Fernando Alonso 3/1
                              Felipe Massa 6/1
                              Jenson Button 6/1
                              Sebastian Vettel 6/1
                              Mark Webber 12/1
                              Nico Rosberg 14/1
                              Robert Kubica 25/1
                              Nick Heidfeld 40/1
                              Rubens Barrichello 40/1
                              Nico Hulkenberg 50/1
                              Adrian Sutil 100/1
                              Bruno Senna 100/1
                              Jarno Trulli 100/1
                              Timo Glock 125/1
                              Heikki Kovalainen 150/1
                              Think my money would be on Alonso or Vettel if I were a betting man.

Comment

Silverstone signs 17-year deal for British Grand Prix.

Comment

Working...
                                X