No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferrari have confirmed that Michael Schumacher will be taking over Massa, maybe for the rest of the season. The news just broke on Sky Sports News minutes ago.
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 29-07-2009, 16:51.

Comment

Awesome! I got bored of him when he kept winning, but it will be interesting to see if he's still got the pace.

Comment

Superb news! Reverend Wife will be most pleased (she's a more rabid fan than I am). Assuming he's still got it that is.

Comment

Yes, yes, yes!!

My (hopeful) prediction came right, this is great news for F1.

I can get the people who say that he only has things to lose by coming back, but this will get a lot of people tuning in to see how fast he still is.

If he is within a couple of tenths of Raikkonen, he will be doing a good job. Outpace him, and it might just be the greatest comeback ever.

Looks like Top Gear will be losing the 'Stig' for a few months

Comment

Fantastic news, but as he can't even drive the car until free practice on the Friday of race weekend it will be a very tough test. So much has changed since he retired, will make Kimi up his game if nothing else lol.

Comment

This is fantastic news. At least it will make the Valencia GP interesting after last years boring race, which I had the misfortune to be at in the sweltering heat.

I bet he has had a few goes in the car, or very similiar cars in the past few months on the sly. We all know what Schumacher is like.

Comment

Yeah would surprise me if he hasnt had a go. Great news. I was glad to see him go but absense makes the heart grow fonder and I'm quite excited about this news.

Anything that makes Valencia interesting!

Comment

Well I wish him all the success in the world. I hope he comes back and is on the pace and gets podiums or wins. Let's face it, we are talking about Schumi here so anything is possible. Go for it Michael...

Comment

Ooh I'm all nervous... come on Schumi!!

Comment

Ok so Schumacher was a cheat and his taste in footwear debatable but he's damn handy behind the wheel and for that reason alone I'm looking forward to see him going wheel to wheel with Hamilton.

Comment

Amazing scenes! Cant wait!

Comment

Saw it on skysports news this am...was like...WOW!

Comment

I'd of liked to see Ferrari splash some cash and get Rossi in

Comment

This is great news, I'm very curious to see how quick he will be on the pace again, we must not forget he cannot drive any test laps in the new 2009 car till the 1st friday practice sessions, so it will take some time to see him going full speed.
                              If he is near to Kimi's times it would already be amazing...

I never was a fan of Schumi, but even I have to admit he is an incredible gifted driver and I can't wait to see how he will do it now in F1 !

Ecclestone must be happy, I guess TV ratings will go trough the roof

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                              Looks like Top Gear will be losing the 'Stig' for a few months
                              hehehe, yeah I guess Ferrari will have payed the BBC a fair amount of money to get Schumi out of the contract he has being TopGears test pilot

Comment

I'm not sure of my feeling on this. Despite Willi Weber saying otherwise it came as no surprise to me when I saw it on Twitter yesterday afternoon that he was officially back.

I'd drawn a line under the Schumacher era though and thought the rest of the world had too, obviously not with the amount of cooing going on at the news. I never like it when anyone announces their retirement and then comes back in any area of life or sport or entertainment, have the courage of your convictions. What must Luca Badoer be thinking?

Will it be interesting though? Yes, of course it will. Will he win again? Maybe, not straight away but maybe. I don't think the Ferrari is up to the job on faster circuits though so it will be a tough ride.

Will Massa be back? I very much doubt he will this year, hope he will next though and I also hope he still has what it takes mentally to race at the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X