No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad the new head of F1 isn't someone who will be stupidly biased to Ferrari!

Oh wait...

Comment

Just to clarify...

Jean Todt will succeed Max Mosley as the new head of motorsport's world governing body, the FIA, after winning the presidential election in Paris.
      Story here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8322393.stm

Comment

locals in Belgium are causing a lot of problems trying to close the worlds most beautiful race track, Spa ...

sign a petition here to help keep the track alive : http://www.defendonsfrancorchamps.be...corchamps.html

Comment

Flippin' 'eck! I recorded the Moto GP at the weekend and watched it last night. What a 250 race! amazing stuff, and great that it comes right down to the last race (although the chances of it swinging are slim at best)

I can't wait to see what Lorenzo and Stoner pull out for next season. This year was there for Jorge to win, but he was just too inconsistent and the crashes really ruined the whole campaign.

Comment

Practice 2 starting in a minute. Sunset time!

Comment

Have to say that this new Abu Dhabi track is a lot more interesting than most of the new tracks that we've seen in the last few years. Looks to be a bit of a bugger for oversteer as well, lots of people struggling to find a good balance for it.

Comment

Stunning performance from Hamilton.

Hard to tell if the track will provide a good race but here's hoping. The times are quite far apart so I'm not optimistic.

Comment

Hamilton should win this from the start, he is so far ahead this weekend. The race for second could be interesting but I'm not holding out for a great race to be honest. Hopefully I'll be wrong!

Comment

From what i've seen the track is just made up of a lot of right angled corners. Yes they are off-camber, but that doesn't make them anymore interesting.

Comment

Code:
                      [B]Pos  Driver                             Weight (kg)[/B]
                       1.  Hamilton     McLaren-Mercedes        658.5
                       2.  Vettel       Red Bull-Renault        663.0
                       3.  Webber       Red Bull-Renault        660.0
                       4.  Barrichello  Brawn-Mercedes          655.0
                       5.  Button       Brawn-Mercedes          657.0
                       6.  Trulli       Toyota                  661.0
                       7.  Kubica       BMW-Sauber              654.5
                       8.  Heidfeld     BMW-Sauber              664.0
                       9.  Rosberg      Williams-Toyota         665.0
                      10.  Buemi        Toro Rosso-Ferrari      661.5
                      11.  Raikkonen    Ferrari                 692.0*
                      12.  Kobayashi    Toyota                  694.3*
                      13.  Kovalainen   McLaren-Mercedes        697.0*
                      14.  Nakajima     Williams-Toyota         704.0*
                      15.  Alguersuari  Toro Rosso-Ferrari      696.5*
                      16.  Alonso       Renault                 708.3*
                      17.  Liuzzi       Force India-Mercedes    695.0*
                      18.  Sutil        Force India-Mercedes    696.0*
                      19.  Grosjean     Renault                 710.8*
                      20.  Fisichella   Ferrari                 692.5*
                      Stolen from Autosport.

Missed Qually 1 and 2 due to falling asleep whilst watching Transformers 2.

Race is 1-3pm. Guff starts at 12.10pm.
                      Last edited by Bort; 31-10-2009, 19:04.

Comment

Cracking race. Superb last few laps in the battle for 2nd and 3rd. Shame for Hamilton. Thought Kobayashi looked good. Roll on 2010!
                        Last edited by Paulos G; 01-11-2009, 13:41. Reason: Only 133 days to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G
                          Cracking race. Superb last few laps in the battle for 2nd and 3rd.
                          The Button and Webber battle went right down to the last lap - it was immense stuff.

The Abu Dubai circuit is absolutely breathtaking; the way the sun set into the distance for the lights to gradually come on to show-off the whole track in the night time atmosphere.

Those people who watched the race from their boats on the close-to-the-track harbour must have had a wonderful evening - I envied them!

Comment

It was a complete snore fest for me apart from a few moments - Button/Kobayashi, then Button/Webber at the end.

I don't like these Herman Tilke designed tracks, yes each new venue is shinier than the last, but they all suck hard when it comes to the racing. Here's hoping for a more interesting 2010!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Skinny View Post
                              It was a complete snore fest for me apart from a few moments - Button/Kobayashi, then Button/Webber at the end.

I don't like these Herman Tilke designed tracks, yes each new venue is shinier than the last, but they all suck hard when it comes to the racing. Here's hoping for a more interesting 2010!

Totally agree, I hate these new tracks. For me they don't have character and I can't seem to follow the race as well as in a more traditional place like Brazil.

Comment

I agree also, stunning setting but dull track. Dull race too though button had some good scraps.

Comment

Working...
                                X