Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty cool.

Reference the artwork, I actually have a copy of the one at the bottom hanging here in my workshop

USF1 should call it a day, or re-focus for next year and let Stefan GP in for this year, who by all accounts are ready to roll if required.

They are even rumoured to have Villeneuve and Ralf Schumacher ready and waiting to fill the driver roles.

Comment

Originally posted by SS004 View Post
      They are even rumoured to have Villeneuve and Ralf Schumacher ready and waiting to fill the driver roles.
      Lucky them(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
        USF1 are asking for permission to miss the first four races. First proper test of Jean Todt as FIA boss now. Does he let them do it without penalty, thus ignoring the new concorde agreement before we've even had one race under it, or stick with the rules all the teams agreed to and tell them if they miss races they get fined.
        I thought under the agreement teams were allowed to miss up to three races per season? Or did I dream that?

Comment

They said that, but then recently Jean Todt said that any teams missing races would face penalties so nobody knows what to believe.

Comment

No Ferrari, say what you really think...

Comment

Wonder how many drivers are having to pay for their spot this year. Alvaro Parente has just been dropped by Virgin in favour of Andy Soucek because of money not coming through.

Comment

Every single driver has at some time brought something with them to get a drive - It's been an inherent floor with F1 for longer than I remember.

Comment

Nice set of photos from Jerez (though the caption for the second photo says it's Webber when it seems to be Alguersuari.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

And thats it then, testing is done and now we just wait for the season itself.

StefanGP still think they've a chance of nicking USF1's entry, but with no track time for them or Campos we could end up with a few Forti style lemons on the grid.

I get the impression Brawn have been holding something back so as not to tip their hand too early, likewise for the RedBull. Think this is going to be a pretty epic season.

Comment

Apparently Mercedes are to run a new "super diffuser" not shown at all in testing which Brawn is concerned might be pushing the regulations too far (ie. breaking them??). Even the ones they have been running have been covered up as much as possible.

Comment

New pace car: http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/247837/

Yum!

Comment

Nice link, Stu!

So we might not have seen Mercedes's new alleged "super diffuser", but now Red Bull and Ferrari are contesting McLaren's rear wing. Thought it was the little air intakes beside the rear wheels but I think it might be the engine cover connecting to wing. Maybe it's both, but seems strange since Red Bull were the first to extend the shark fin in such a way.

Comment

I can't believe it's only 9 days until the new F1 season begins. Time goes so fast.

Can't wait to see the first race now, my weekends will have a purpose again.

Comment

Code:
                              1  Jenson BUTTON (GBR)        VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES (GB)
                              2  Lewis HAMILTON (GBR)       VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES (GB)

3  Michael SCHUMACHER (D)     MERCEDES GP PETRONAS FORMULA ONE TEAM
                              4  Nico ROSBERG (D)           MERCEDES GP PETRONAS FORMULA ONE TEAM

5  Sebastian VETTEL (DEU)     RED BULL RACING (AUT)
                              6  Mark WEBBER (AUS)          RED BULL RACING (AUT)

7  Felipe MASSA (BRA)         SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO (I)
                              8  Fernando ALONSO (ESP)      SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO (I)

9  Rubens BARRICHELLO (BRA)   AT&T WILLIAMS (GB)
                              10 Nico [B]H?LK[/B]ENBERG (D)        AT&T WILLIAMS (GB)

11 Robert KUBICA (POL)        RENAULT F1 TEAM (FRA)
                              12 Vitaly PETROV (RUS)        RENAULT F1 TEAM (FRA)

14 Adrian SUTIL (D)           FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM (IND)
                              15 Vitantonio LIUZZI (I)      FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM (IND)

16 S?bastien BUEMI (CH)       SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO (I)
                              17 Jaime ALGUERSUARI (ESP)    SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO (I)

18 Jarno TRULLI (I)           LOTUS RACING (MAL)
                              19 Heikki KOVALAINEN (FIN)    LOTUS RACING (MAL)

20 Karun CHANDHOK (IND)       HRT F1 TEAM (ESP)
                              21 Bruno SENNA (BRA)          HRT F1 TEAM (ESP)

22 Pedro DE LA ROSA (ESP)     BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM (CH)
                              23 Kamui KOBAYASHI (J)        BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM (CH)

24 Timo GLOCK (DEU)           VIRGIN RACING (GB)
                              25 Luca DI GRASSI (BRA)       VIRGIN RACING (GB)
                              This seems to be the final final list now. I'll start the fantasy league tomorrow.
                              Last edited by Bort; 04-03-2010, 17:37.

Comment

If Campos Meta were able to have a name change to HRT this close to the publication of the final list, why did Sauber not bother to drop the BMW?

Comment

Working...
                                X