No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fook me! Looks like the suspension collapsed just as he applied the brakes. At least he had the presence of mind to keep his foot on the brakes and try to slow the car down. When you see how quickly the wheels went ahead of the car it's amazing no one was hurt by a flying wheel.
    STR will surely be punished in some way for that incident.

Comment

It's all right, no-one ever sits in the stands at China, in fact, no-one ever attends so no danger of anyone being hurt.

Comment

at 200mph he's pretty lucky the front didn't dig into the road and cause the car to flip head over heels.

Wonder if the FIA will get involved. Tires flying over the fences (and potentially into the crowd) must be a pretty major worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
          Which I can't see at work because we proxy via Dublin and the BBC thinks we're all evil pirates. Boo.

Comment

LOL at the fact he started turning the wheel when he started skating towards the barriers....after the wheels had come off.

Comment

Comment

Great coverage with the ghost of Eddie Jordan today! Compulsory rain for every race from next season?

Comment

Aye, superb race. Really enjoyed that!

Comment

Yes and great result. Very good race.

Comment

Japanese MotoGP next week has been cancelled and delayed until the start of October.

A nice ever changing race today.

Comment

I hope the cloud clears off for the next F1 race too. Brundle alluded to it in commentary.

Comment

Just a reprimand for Hamilton - http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...ocument-39.pdf

There should be more than enough time for the next F1 race. The FIA/FOM would be lenient with all the teams if they had to throw all the spares/new engine together at the factory just so they could put a show on.

edit,

Vettel gets a slapped hand as well.
                          The FIA is the governing body of motor sport and promotes safe, sustainable and accessible mobility for all road users across the world. It works across three areas: Sport, Mobility and Campaigns.
                          Last edited by Bort; 18-04-2010, 11:47.

Comment

what an excellent race today !! loved it from start to finish !

I wonder how Massa feels about Alonso's move into the pit ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                              Japanese MotoGP next week has been cancelled and delayed until the start of October.
                              Say whaaaattt?!?!?! disappointed! Aside from it being a bit of a procession I loved the first round of the season - I would have liked Stoner to stay upright just to challenge Rossi (don't want him running away with the title again!) I thought it was fascinating that Spies was in touch from the word go and that Aoyama did so well to fight past all his ex-250 compatriates and get so close to the experienced quality riders in the field. I have high hopes for him. And what about Pedrosa? no excuses this year (although he and his followers are full of them, but they're not going to stick) and yet he slid down the field as quickly as Dovi went up. Fascinating stuff - I wouldn't be too surprised if Dovi got nobbled for the next race...in a manner of speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by charlaph View Post
                                Fascinating stuff - I wouldn't be too surprised if Dovi got nobbled for the next race...in a manner of speaking.
                                What? Are you saying that the team would make him go slower to make Pedrosa look better? Surely they're more likely to throw their support behind him if he's doing a better job.

Comment

Working...
                                X