Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep it's a finance deal with Senna - sponsorship money

Comment

Well yeah. If you're going to have someone that's not very good, you're better off having the one with the fatter wallet...

Comment

Qualifying for Belgium is going to be fun, it might be dry running and NONE of the practice sessions have been dry so far.

Di Resta and Senna both seem incapable of keeping it on the track in the wet so far this weekend.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what they do with Maldo. It was a deliberate attempt at a close cut that he didn't judge right. Lewis moved slightly towards the middle of the track but that's irrelevant.

Comment

Are McClaren trying to ruin of their drivers race per weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
              Speaking of the BBC, although in a much more positive light, there is a documentary on Iplayer at the moment entitled Grand Prix: The Killer Years, telling the story of the perils of Grand Prix racing in the 50s/60s/70s and the driver movement to improve safety standards in the sport. Definitely worth a watch for any remotely interested in the history of F1:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Killer_Years/
              Watched it last night. Horrific. I can't believe they kept things as they were for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                It will be interesting to see what they do with Maldo.
                Reprimand for hamilton, 5 place grid penalty for Maldonado.

Sounds like the stewards weren't willing to commit the blame for it entirely on Maldonado, guess they though Hamilton bumping him at the end of his qualy lap was a mitigating circumstance, which is a dangerous precedent.

If you've got an issue, man up and go see him face to face in the pits afterwards. Deliberately playign bumper cars is just dangerous to them, the other drivers, and the crowd.

Comment

heh - http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...ocument-34.pdf

Yep, maldo was very lucky. I haven't seen the specific reason for Hamilton's reprimand. Presuming it's to do with the overtake on the last corner.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                    Watched it last night. Horrific. I can't believe they kept things as they were for so long.
                    Some of the scenes with burned bodies etc were horrible.

Really hyped for SPAAAAAAA

Comment

Rosberg had an amazing start, but the commentary isn't that surprised? He drifted passed!

I want to see Schumachers first lap as well. Brilliant start

Comment

Smash blasters!

Comment

What a race, I love Spa! Some great stuff in the first five or six laps, Webber's balls of steel into Eau Rouge and some great overtakes from Button. Amazing scenes.

Comment

Really needed some rain that race, an average one for Spa.

Comment

Surprised Hamilton said he was responsible for the Kobayashi crash and apologised. A bit more of that sort of thing and there's a danger I might start liking him

Anyone go to see Jenson Button demonstrating a McLaren in Manchester yesterday? Was one of the older cars, possibly a V10 with a thin beaky nose and that wierd extra 'wing' above the front wing. Must not have wanted to prang the current one.

Comment

Did Hamilton admit it was his fault? I didn't see it that way personally. Great qualifying sessions and race this weekend though, more of the same please. Just a bit gutted Vettel is running away with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X