No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamilton and race strategy really don't get on do they? Hehe...

Comment

One of the best races of a great season. Great stuff and great racing down the field. And can I say, a very professional interview from Lewis after the race. He owned up to a mistake - Lewis is a changed driver. 4th place after a bad tyre call, spin and penalty is pretty impressive.

Comment

I watched till about 5 laps after then Renault blew and turned off. It was back to boredom. Yes a car exploding is cool and all that but it isn't racing, there were hardly any racing after the rain stopped until that point.

F1 is a highlights only show for me nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
          Actually bother to read up on the license fee before you slag it off. You are fundamentally wrong.
          If you have a TV ,then you have to pay Licence free unless in special cases you can prove beyond any doubt you can't receive a TV signal (even my Local Church as taken to task on this very issue)

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            If you have a TV ,then you have to pay Licence free unless in special cases you can prove beyond any doubt you can't receive a TV signal (even my Local Church as taken to task on this very issue)
            Gee, ignoring a post even though you are replying to it and continuing your bigoted rant. That's a new one for you.

You are flatly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              I watched till about 5 laps after then Renault blew and turned off. It was back to boredom. Yes a car exploding is cool and all that but it isn't racing, there were hardly any racing after the rain stopped until that point.

You missed loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                You missed loads.
                Yeah it looks like I did this time. Must remember to stay tuned in when it rains because things happen then.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post

I lost count at how many lead changes there was this race. Some of the best wheel to wheel racing all year, a car exploding, a car going backwards into its pit box and STILL you are unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post

I lost count at how many lead changes there was this race. Some of the best wheel to wheel racing all year, a car exploding, a car going backwards into its pit box and STILL you are unhappy.
                    Not a case of unhappy, just a bit disillusioned with a sport that has had more rule changes over the recent times than I can even count. I sat there today, bored after the initial excitement wondering if I should tune in or do something else. Had it stayed dry I would have been right to tune out.

I used to love the sport, really I did and I don't mean to be in this thread running it down. It just feels like such a mess nowadays and the recent rule change smacks of desperation to stop the Red Bulls. Just find it all a bit desperate.

Comment

I can't watch highlights, for me F1 isn't like football where you can get a sense of the game from extended highlights. I need to see the whole race, see who is on a charge and who is going backwards.

Comment

Have they said *why* the Renault sidepod blew out yet?

Only thing I can think of is that they have their exhaust emerge from the front of the sidepod and that perhaps the sudden cooling of that cause of the foam from the marshalls caused a sudden contraction and shatter. Be sure the FIA will want to know what happened there, cause if it blew out then it could well have blown IN as well, and they're really not happy with anything that can cause penetration of the main survival cel.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                          Have they said *why* the Renault sidepod blew out yet?

Only thing I can think of is that they have their exhaust emerge from the front of the sidepod and that perhaps the sudden cooling of that cause of the foam from the marshalls caused a sudden contraction and shatter. Be sure the FIA will want to know what happened there, cause if it blew out then it could well have blown IN as well, and they're really not happy with anything that can cause penetration of the main survival cel.
                          The ted from the pits segment has more.

They think the exhaust was slowly destroying itself and the extended stop in the pits forced the temperature through the roof and bing-badda-boom. He mentioned the engine air bottle as the thing that blew.
                          Last edited by Bort; 31-07-2011, 17:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                            I can't watch highlights, for me F1 isn't like football where you can get a sense of the game from extended highlights. I need to see the whole race, see who is on a charge and who is going backwards.
                            I said the same thing earlier to a mate. Even more gutting that BBC will just be showing highlights next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                              Gee, ignoring a post even though you are replying to it and continuing your bigoted rant. That's a new one for you.

You are flatly wrong.
                              On what count ? That if you have a TV capable of receiving a broadcast/TV signal you don't have to pay the Licence fee ? (lets not bring up the Tiny amount ITV gets from the Licence fee either )

I really don't get your patronizing attitude ether . People can find faults with F1 (even they support and follow the sport) and people can find faults with BBC and ask what on earth does it do with the money

Comment

I use the beeb for programmes, music and radio, and their website for news, sport and iplayer. I love the niche, interesting documentaries on bbc4, the leftfield status of some of its radio stations, and it's my go-to site for comprehensive sports news. If the beeb went 'free market', then it would be a catastrophe for my tastes. There'd be even more crap on the beeb than now. It fulfills a significant public service for me, and its output, though largely risable, is at least accountable to the public interest. I'm aware that the organisation is often **** and full of overpaid tossers. But for the minority output alone, it's of immense value. Market forces dumb thngs down to maximise viewing figures and revenue. Programmes of interest to a niche section of the populace won't get a look in. I classify it alongside museums and art galleries as things funded by public money that I don't necessarily need or use, but recognise as vital to national cultural heritage. A huge amount of the money we send to the Government for social output isn't used by us, but that doesn't mean it should suffer under market forces.

When the beeb goes free market and it's showing even more repeats than now, the quality of the output hits rock bottom, and it starts to depend on foreign imports like Sky, then we'll realise how important it is. Foreign tv is f-ing awful, in Canada it was all adverts and imports, likewise in Germany when I visited.
                                Last edited by prinnysquad; 31-07-2011, 21:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X