No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotus. They're not called Renault next season.

Comment

Kimi is back

Comment

Sky have done a Q&A on the F1 channel *here*

If you have the Sky HD package and/or Sky Sports then you get the channel at no additional cost, and there will be no adverts during the races.

Comment

Bruno Senna has signed for Williams, it will make some happy, but that's two pay drivers they've taken now, what with Senna bringing a rumoured 16 million.

Leaves Rubens out in the cold, unless he can get a drive with HRT who are the only team with a spot left - I can't see that happening, instead they seem to be looking at Giedo van der Garde who is supposedly capable of bringing the 6 million they want.

There are continuing rumours flying around that Trulli could be dropped for Petrov, yet another pay driver.

Some good drivers on the sidelines this year, in particular Sutil and Alguersuari.

Anyone who is with Virgin media might be interested to hear they are in negotiations to pick up the sky f1 channel - Appears it will be a late call, and is bound to be expensive to us that who are on VM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post
            Anyone who is with Virgin media might be interested to hear they are in negotiations to pick up the sky f1 channel - Appears it will be a late call, and is bound to be expensive to us that who are on VM.
            They have the channel it was announced last week, you will need to subscribe to the sports package to receive it.

Comment

No-one is going to touch Sutil while he has that court case pending. He'll quietly drop in as someons test driver if he gets off, if he doesn't he's facing jail time.

I think Senna is decent though, of the 'pay drivers' he's the one who I think most deserves the berth on merit.

Comment

I have Sky Sports HD with Virgin, will I get the F1 HD channel for free then? If not, I'm gonna rage!

Comment

Cheers Gospvg, I didn't know the deal had already been done - Seems you get it free if you have the SKY sports package, but it wont be in HD.

Comment

Caterham first out the doors with their new car. And thanks to some rules weirdness with tub and nose heights this year, it's an ugly thing. And they'll probably all look like this.

Caterham become the first team to unveil their 2012 car as they aim to score their first points and join the midfield battle.

More details on what the reg changes mean here:

For 2012 we will have a raft of rules changes that will alter the look and performance of the car. For most of the new cars, we will immediately see the impact of the lower nose regulations. Then t…

Comment

Cheers Gospvg, I didn't know the deal had already been done - Seems you get it free if you have the SKY sports package, but it wont be in HD.
                      B*ll*cks! I'll just have to stick with the BBC coverage then.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        B*ll*cks! I'll just have to stick with the BBC coverage then.
                        Yep you and me both, I'm hoping for some on-line streams so I can watch the races that the BBC are not showing.

Comment

I've decided I don't mind watching highlights this year to be honest. Quite often not a lot happens in a race anyway...

Comment

Has the move to SKY dulled everyone's interest in F1 this season - A few cars have been launched and the first test was on Tuesday.

Testing times mean little, but for those wondering Kimi was quickest.

Comment

The noses on the new cars for 2012 are hideous.

Comment

Has the move to SKY dulled everyone's interest in F1 this season - A few cars have been launched and the first test was on Tuesday.

Testing times mean little, but for those wondering Kimi was quickest.
                                Far from it, I am looking forward to the first race, I have a friend who has sky & have given me a sky go account so I can view the non-bbc races via the PC

Comment

Working...
                                X