No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renault have been suspended from the European Grand Prix.

Comment

If that report is accurate and renault knowingly released him dispite not having the retaining nut in place, then they should be punished indeed.
      Especially considering the recent events of the past few days.

Nice win by lewis, i went to bed half way thro tho, pretty dull

Comment

So Alonso is out of a seat for Valencia. Bernie must be fuming as his top draw for that particular race will be sidelined.

Comment

On the subject of Bernie, what was with the cut to him signing an autograph for a small child in the middle of the race? What child would even want his autograph?? I smell a PR stunt lol

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
            So Alonso is out of a seat for Valencia. Bernie must be fuming as his top draw for that particular race will be sidelined.
            Could we see him in Massa's seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
              Could we see him in Massa's seat?
              Unlikely but there have been plenty of rumours about his move to red.

Long gap until the next race, I guess anything can happen!

Comment

great motorsport weekend (except what happend to Massa ofcourse) !!

1st win for Hamilton this weekend, good to see them back in form, the race was really nice to watch.

MotoGP, what can I say, it was again an amazing race to watch !! a lot of battles going on through the whole race ! and a nice change to see those 3 guys on the podium, they all deserved to be there. I hope from now on we will see Dovisiovo more often on the podium, RandyD had an amazing race as well, where he overtook Pedrosa on a damp track in highspeed corner ! amazing

SBK was great as well, good performance from Biaggi and Spies

Comment

Jaime Alguersuari said he was happy with the result in his Formula 1 debut after finishing the Hungarian Grand Prix in 15th position.

The 19-year-old made Formula 1 history on Sunday when he became the youngest driver to compete in a grand prix.

The Spaniard continued with his promising start and finished ahead of Toro Rosso team-mate Sebastien Buemi.

Alguersuari conceded he struggled physically over the last laps, but was delighted with the result.

"I am very happy to have finished, but the last five laps were very difficult from the physical point of view," said Alguersuari. "I found it hard to keep the car on the pace, but I am very satisfied.

"P15 is not so bad, but the main objective was to complete the 70 laps, with no mistakes, maintaining my pace. I have learned a lot but I have to say there are some aspects of F1 which made me think, '**** this is tough." [My edit: Hahahah ]

Buemi, meanwhile, was unhappy with his performance after some costly errors relegated him down the order.

"I am very disappointed with this race, as I made a lot of mistakes and I am not at all happy with my performance," he said. "I don't think starting on the harder tyres was the right decision. I lost several places at the start and got stuck in traffic. Just a bad race.

"The car was good, as we showed in qualifying but today I was the one who made the mistakes. The only positive thing is that the car is definitely improved with this new package."

For some excellent HD photo's of the race

Comment

A lot of great images there, thanks for posting that.

Comment

Yeah, great photos; thanks for the link.

Comment

Some more news on Massa:

Edit: false news.

It would be a shame to lose him as a driver from F1 as he is one of the best drivers there.
                        Last edited by Malc; 28-07-2009, 09:09.

Comment

Yeah, that really would be a great shame. I've always liked Massa.

Comment

Apparently the news about left eye damage possibly ending his career in F1 was incorrect. They have said that a full recovery is possible for Massa, which is good news to hear!

Comment

It's all a bit confused and getting lost in translation at the moment isn't it, lets just wait and see what happens.

Comment

Terrible what happened to Massa, real million to one chance of that happening

Wouldn't suprise me to see MS return to Massa's vacant seat until he recovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X