X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks spring-like in this still:

Here's another look:

Comment

He won't return in a hurry. I mean he has had a brain injury so there are so many possible complications. Will his coordination be fine, memory, balance etc even possible blackouts I mean who knows (doctors obviously). All these things mean he will have to declared fit before he will be allowed back I assume

Comment

Apparently the injuries are a deep cut in the forehead, two fractures in the skull (one near the impact point, the other at the base of the skull, probably a whiplash injury), and concussion.

The tyrewall and chassis did their job and stopped the crash mangling his legs, but the 'g-light' on the car was on, which means the driver has sustained a high g-force above even the ridiculously high g's that F1 drivers train for. It was practically flat out into the tyres, that's not a place that a car would normally go off.

Comment

It was 100% definitely a spring. That's why it bounced up from the track. They would be heavy items too, no doubt it would do considerable damage. There was a good youtube vid I saw where it looked like his head made a heavy impact with the steering wheel also. I'm pretty sure that was when his visor detached anyway.

Might have been this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DltJHFyB-iI

Depends on his level of brain injury whether he'll even be allowed to drive any car for a while.

Here's wishing him well.

Comment

It's a shame anyway as he is very passionate about F1 and silenced his critics to some degree last year. I just hope they don't overeact and do something silly with the cars. It's an open wheeled, open cockpit formula and he was just rather unlucky really. Let's hope he recovers and we seem him back soon.

Comment

I'm really gutted for Massa, I like him a lot and he's been showing Raikkonen who's the boss for a long time now.

I wonder who will deputise for him for the next few races?

Pray for a Schumacher comeback????

Comment

Massa will stay in induced coma for 48 hours to aid his recovery:

Hope he is ok after all this. Horrible thing to happen to any driver, but I especially like Massa.
                Last edited by Malc; 26-07-2009, 17:50.

Comment

Terrible for Massa, it didn't really look that bad in terms of the impact but I suppose the closing speed would have been phenomenal.

The Red Bulls seem to have conspired to mess up their afternoon again today and also Renault shooting themselves in the foot.

I've been wondering why the Toro Rosso's are sooo slow, is it down to the engine? They should switch to Renault or Mercedes.

Comment

Kimi is a graceless tit. I mean he should've mentioned Felipe by name during the PC but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                      Kimi is a graceless tit. I mean he should've mentioned Felipe by name during the PC but didn't.
                      I was expecting that as well

Comment

Expecting that he wouldn't? If so I agree with you as I knew he wouldn't, or dedicate the place to his teammate and the team which would be the gracious thing to do, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                          BBC iplayer! Making the missable. Unmissable.
                          Not so Just got in and the race isn't on iPlayer, only the build up.

Comment

Lorenzo, what a wally for hopping off like that. Pedrosa, what a wusser! Interesting race.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                              Not so Just got in and the race isn't on iPlayer, only the build up.
                              Strange. The iplayer does say that it is part 1, which could mean there is another part to come later on of the actual race.

Comment

Nice to see Hamilton getting a win. I thought Heiki would've done a bit better today.

Great Moto GP race.

Comment

Working...
                                X