No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legard really annoyed me today, when it was blatently obvious Massa had a bad accident he just passed it off as nothing. Also when the BBC cut back to DC and Jordon they seemed more concerned about the Brawn not making the top ten! It was only after they confirmed he was OK they started to really talk about it.

Good of them to not show the replay until it was confirmed he was ok though.

Comment

Yeah, Legard was like, 'Oh he's alright, he's out of the car'. Really! It's odd that his bright yellow/green helmet is clearly still in the car then isn't it! Wally.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if Legard commentates with his eyes closed. It's amazing that the BBC have actually managed to find someone worse than James Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Skinny View Post
          It's amazing that the BBC have actually managed to find someone worse than James Allen.
          My thoughts exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Skinny View Post
            I'm starting to wonder if Legard commentates with his eyes closed. It's amazing that the BBC have actually managed to find someone worse than James Allen.
            Totally agree, they should boot Eddie Jordan also he is annoying as **** and DC is way smarter than him

Comment

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77288

Autosport says that Massa will not be racing tomorrow. His confirmed problems after the incident are a cut on the head, fractured skull, and brain concussion. Which means he had to have immediate surgery.

The update on Autosport says that the surgery has been successful and that Ruben's and Hamilton thinks F1 needs to work to be more safer and stop this from happening. I myself agree that F1 should always work to be safer, however I agree more with Ice-man Kimi Raikkonen:

Originally posted by Kimi Raikkonen
              "It is just an unlucky situation what happened today," he said. "It could have happened two years ago, or it could happen five years ago.

"The cars have an open cockpit so there is always the chance that something can hit it. It is not the first time that someone has been hit and unfortunately sometimes drivers get very badly hurt or die. It is part of the risk in motor racing. For sure Felipe was very unlucky today and hopefully will be okay, but you cannot get rid of that issue.

"You would need to make a rule for a bullet proof window in front of you to get rid of that issue. It is just unfortunate that these things happen sometimes."
              Hopefully Massa will be fine after this, not sure if he would come back to F1 if this was a massive realisation to him about just how dangerous racing is.

Also, here are the fuel weights of each car after qualifying (no wonder Alonso was 1st):

Pos Driver Weight (kg)
              1. Alonso Renault 637.5
              2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 655.0
              3. Webber Red Bull-Renault 652.0
              4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 650.5
              5. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 654.0
              6. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 655.5
              7. Raikkonen Ferrari 651.5
              8. Button Brawn-Mercedes 664.5
              9. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 658.0
              10. Massa Ferrari
              11. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 671.5
              12. Trulli Toyota 671.3
              13. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 689.0
              14. Glock Toyota 679.2
              15. Piquet Renault 667.7
              16. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 658.0
              17. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes 680.5
              18. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 683.5
              19. Kubica BMW-Sauber 666.0
              20. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 675.5

Button the heaviest in the front eight, so hopefully he can get a few more laps in and finish in a higher position.
              Last edited by Malc; 25-07-2009, 18:06.

Comment

Not surprised to see Alonso very light at the front. Anyone's race tomorrow, should be an interesting one.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss it

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                  Not surprised to see Alonso very light at the front. Anyone's race tomorrow, should be an interesting one.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss it
                  BBC iplayer! Making the missable. Unmissable.

Comment

red button and the radio 5 commentary is your friend if legard is annoying you. i always go with it now. quite entertaining. normally has anthony davidson co-hosting, but its johnny herbert stepping in just for this week.

edit: james allen was worse though, you've just all forgotten how bad he was.

Comment

Here's hoping Massa gets well.

Eddie Jordan now must be sacked he claimed to have inside info that massa had a "knock on the chin" and refused to revael his source live on air. The man is a c.u.n.t. And should be ashamed of himself. I pray Massa is ok

Comment

There is a photo on JA's blog showing Massa with his injury. He will be out for the season, I feel.

Comment

You may well be right. Very strange incident. I like Massa. He always reminds me of the foreign kid from That 70s show. Hope he'll be alright.

Comment

Oof. That really does look nasty.
                            Last edited by Paulos G; 26-07-2009, 04:09. Reason: Changed picture to a link.

Comment

I assume that the worst injury was caused by the spring hitting his helmet rather than the subsequent crash into the tyre wall? I'm actually kind of surprised the helmet didn't do it's job a little better, I know we're talking about huge speeds but that must have been a monster spring. Then again, without the helmet I expect he would be dead.

Comment

I don't think it was a spring, looked more like a metal bar. The front of the car didn't look that beaten up so I can't see the impact of the wall causing the damage to his head.
                                That's a nasty injury and it could have so easily gone through the visor. Massa was lucky to survive that.

Comment

Working...
                                X