No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The second race of the final three in the 2014 BTCC at Brands Hatch (ITV4) today was just incredible. Best and most exciting one this season. All gloves off for the third race I hope could make that a great watch too.

Comment

Comment

Crikey, sod driving that F1 car.

So, today, got to be Lewis champion again? he deserves it more I know, but has to be Rosberg's best ever chance to win the title.

Comment

Only way Nico Rosberg would win today is by cheating or Lewis Hamilton having bad luck.

Comment

F1 season starts again this weekend. Hard to see past Hamilton winning it again but would like to see Rosberg push him. The Mercedes is probably more ahead of the pack this year than last year so one of them will win it.

Nice to see Sauber getting their just rewards for trying to get out of a contract and bring in two "pay for their seat" drivers instead of Van Der Garde

The Supreme Court of Victoria has ruled that Giedo van dee Garde should race at this weekend's Australian Grand Prix for Sauber. - news from Sauber F1

Almost as funny as them scoring zero points for the whole of 2014, still don't understand how Kaltenborn has kept her job really.

Comment

Isn't she a lawyer by trade? Ridiculous.

Comment

Yes she is, and Sauber have lost their appeal today, what a mess, and costly one to boot.
                So pleased he's done this to fight for moral's and legal obligations over Saubers desire for cash.

Sauber fail to overturn a court ruling that says Giedo van der Garde should race for the team at the Australian GP.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                  Nice to see Sauber getting their just rewards for trying to get out of a contract and bring in two "pay for their seat" drivers instead of Van Der Garde
                  Would you really want to be driving an F1 car for a team that doesn't want you in the seat?

Hopefully will be a good start to the season, Australia is usually a decent race.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    Would you really want to be driving an F1 car for a team that doesn't want you in the seat?
                    Probably not, but his test driver contract only ended last year as he was due a full drive this year. Either way they'll have to cough up some coin or let him drive. He is probably the better driver of the three contracted but in F1 whatever money you can bring to the team wins outside the top teams sadly.

Lets be honest, with a years serious practice/racing and an offer to the team of ?30M you or I could probably walk in to a drive with Marussia or someone this time next year.

EDIT: seems Van Der Garde will be paid off out of court to leave the team. How Ironic, using one drivers money to pay off another
                    Last edited by VR46; 13-03-2015, 07:57.

Comment

Moto3 - it must be the most competitive/entertaining race series there is. After 45 minutes of racing today, 0.9 seconds separated first nine riders across the finish line. People going from first to sixth in just one corner time and time again.
                      Roll on MotoGP a bit later.

Comment

MotoGP...that race has just absolutely made my day.

Comment

Indeed, always nice to see Honda struggle. VR & Dovi, be great if they can stay in front all season, Lorenzo just seems that tiny bit off the ultimate pace in the last 12 months.

Comment

Lorenzo is such a strange one. I love him to bits and after all the pre-season talk of him being favourite this year, it was brilliant seeing him get off to such a flyer. But he always seems a bit too emotional and easy falls off the boil if things don't go his way. Still, such a stylish rider to watch. If Vale or Jorge wins this year I'll be happy, and if Cal can continue to finish in the top just behind the 'aliens' then that'd be superb.

Also great to see the GP15 is utterly phenomenal on the straights. Made that final dash to the finish line really interesting.

Comment

Picture says it all, he's obviously got many millions in the bank so it all about the racing and being competitive.

Interesting stat from yesterday, he did get a hell of a tow down the straight on one of the laps

Marquez sets fastest ever recorded speed in MotoGP™ during the Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar, 350.3kph (217.66mph) as he finishes 5th.

Comment

Was just reading about Marquez's top speed, that is pretty impressive. I'm wondering what the GP15's were doing however, with or without any slipstreaming. Their pace was absolutely amazing when viewed from the heli-cams on that straight.

Also reading about Dani potentially calling it a day due to his arm pump. To be honest would be a real shame, but I could see Repsol telling him to clear off at the end of the season anyway if results didn't improve. But then who would replace him?

And in yet more interesting news from yesterdays race....Jorge could only see out of one eye for most of the race! http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/0...-vision/172975

Comment

Working...
                                X