No announcement yet.

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTCC at Brands today on ITV4. 1st race on shortly.

Comment

First two races of the BTCC at Brands Hatch have been excellent entertainment. Great driving, crashes and, of course, Matt Neal and Jason Plato battling away with each other, so no change there.Those are the good things.

What I don't like is the new ITV4 commentator - he sounds like he's trying to a do an impression of Murray Walker in full verbal diarrhoea mode with the volume turned up to full. Hope he calms down.

Looking forward to the final race otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
        First two races of the BTCC at Brands Hatch have been excellent entertainment. Great driving, crashes and, of course, Matt Neal and Jason Plato battling away with each other, so no change there.Those are the good things.

What I don't like is the new ITV4 commentator - he sounds like he's trying to a do an impression of Murray Walker in full verbal diarrhoea mode with the volume turned up to full. Hope he calms down.

Looking forward to the final race otherwise.

Was there all day ... Face is now burnt off but was great fun ... I was about 10 metres away on the left , when the 6 car pile up happened and although it didnt look that bad on the replay, when 10 metres away it was pretty extreme... If the following video was better quality you would probably be able to see me **** myself.

Gotta love BTTC ... much prefer it over F1 any day of the week

Comment

That crash was nuts! I was wondering how Jackson (in the Golf) lost it in a straight line until they explained about the oil. It was a good set of races though and Plato did well.

Did you see the Foster crash where his BMW rolled? It wasn't shown on TV.

Comment

So Lewis has been relegated to the back of the grid for not having enough fuel. I am starting to think that there is a saboteur working at McLaren. They seem to be doing everything they can to not win the championship. Still, should make an interesting race.

Comment

That's funny, in commentary that Ben Edwards said, 'Oh, I wonder if they haven't put enough fuel in?' and DC was like, 'Nah, they're professional, blah, blah, blah, only doing a couple of laps, etc.'

I'd still expect him to get well into the points though with the speed he had yesterday.

Comment

Great race and fantastic to see Williams back on the top step. I think Lewis would have had it if it wasn't for the fuel issue on Saturday though.

This happened after the race in the Williams garage. Eek.

Four Williams mechanics are injured in a fire in the team garage following their first Formula 1 victory in eight years.

Video as it happened - http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/12870/7754160
                Last edited by PeteJ; 13-05-2012, 16:48.

Comment

Great race and tremendous from Maldonado.

Comment

Comment

Bugger. Hope he's ok, he has apparently tweeted that he broke his back (whatever that means). Ferrari's must not have mirrors.

Pretty similar to that Mercedes crash from a few years ago the way the car flipped.
                      Last edited by NW2013; 17-06-2012, 09:11.

Comment

Davidson has cracked a couple of vertebrae in his back. Nasty. That's the first I've seen of the smash and I cannot believe the sheer speed involved. The LMP1 cars are almost too fast compared to the GT class cars.

Comment

I can?t believe I had to search for the F1 thread, no chat about Spa at all? For shame!

There?s rumours by BBC F1?s own EJ that Hamilton is going to Mercedes at the end of this season once Schumacher has retired.

Lewis Hamilton is to leave McLaren and drive for Mercedes next season, says BBC Formula 1 chief analyst Eddie Jordan.

Comment

Loved Raikkonen's balls of steel pass on Schumi into Eau Rouge. A bit like Webber's similar overtake last year. Looking forward to Monza this weekend.

I'd be surprised if Hamilton did move. Mercedes don't seem to be good enough at in season development. It's not going to help him win titles. I'd like Kimi to go back to McLaren if Hamilton did move though.

Comment

I think it would be difficult to take Lewis seriously as a driver if he jumped ship to Mercedes for the money. I can't imaginw why you would leave a top 3 team if you were serious about winning titles. I say this as a big fan of Hamilton. If he did go though, I would be happy to see Di Riesta at McLaren, but as has already been mentioned I think Kimi would be favourite.

Comment

And yet Kimi has more WCP than Lewis in a "lesser" team ... I think he'd be mad not to triple his salary.

Comment

Working...
                                X