This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh,

Tonite ive got the first spin class of the new year, not been since start of december and im not looking forward to gettin my erse kicked

Oh well i guess i need to get fit again to counterattack all that grub and stella

Comment

Well now that I'm in the mind set of a non-smoker it's time to hit the gym again (not been for like 6 months or something).

Alarm went off at 6.30am - stayed in bed.

Lunchtime passed by with me not evening stepping out of my office.

Only have after work left now I can't let the day go by without getting down there! Where's Mr Motivator when you need him!?

Comment

SPAGMASTERSWIFT. GO TO THE GYM.
        If you don't report back later with reports of having been to the gym, I'll brand you with a custom tag. And it won't be nice

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
          SPAGMASTERSWIFT. GO TO THE GYM.
          If you don't report back later with reports of having been to the gym, I'll brand you with a custom tag. And it won't be nice
          That's what I need!!!

OK, I'll go down there after work and report back in the morning with how I got on Should give you lot a laugh anyways

Comment

heh just saw, you haven't been for 6 months. Take it easy man. Really.... Don't do more than 1 set of any weights (or drop the weight down a lot so it's fairly easy) and warm up for at least 10 minutes on a cross trainer on low resistance before starting any weights or CV. Don't want to injure yourself before you get started. Good luck.

Comment

Trust me, I will be taking it VERY easy.

Comment

so easy that you fall alseep at home and dream youve gone the gym, so whne you wake up you feel like you did a great workout and report back to us about your ordeal in the gime.......

Oh and im glad youve given up the 'erb, unlike that lizard brer.

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                  Oh and im glad youve given up the 'erb, unlike that lizard brer.

I didn't say that

I am eatting an apple though

Comment

Yeah, I need to get back in with the gym stuff, low impact though, as I have a dodgy left knee. Perhaps swimming? Anybody know good pools near central London?

Comment

The Oasis is a good one,at the end of High Holborn.

Corner of the road that cuts up to Shelton Street.

Comment

Hmm, that could cover a large area. I go to Highbury Pool on Highbury fields at the top of Upper St in Islington if that's any use to you.

Nice pool which I frequent 2/3 times a week.

Comment

Went to the gym for the first time this term since being back at Uni, loved it. Had a go at Squats today, what does this work? Your legs and back?

Had a really good workout actually, can't wait to hit the gym properly.

Comment

Just back from my first gym class and man i feel beat lol

was good fun but finding it hard to not pass out lol

oh well hopefully i can go another 2 times this week, seen as ive noticed im now a stone overweight!

Comment

Originally posted by The Cobra
                              Had a go at Squats today, what does this work? Your legs and back?
                              Primarily your legs and back, but squattin is the single best exercise you can do imho. Build up to some good weights, use free weights (don't use a smith machine) and you'll get good results.

Comment

went again tonight, have football tomorrow and wednesday, then Gym again on thursday... back into the old routine.

Also eating a lot less (no snacking on junk) and a lot better (no pizza or bacon butties ), making sure I drink a lot of water etc.

I have noticed that despite being nearly as heavy as I was 2 years ago, I'm not visibly as "fat" and getting back to the gym hasn't been a massive shock to the system... which is encouraging!

Comment

Working...
                                X