• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Bear says:

Reach Those Goals!

Comment

Roflmfao!

Comment

My target is too go to the gym three times a week and to lose a stone by the end of March.

Comment

Haven't smoked for 17 days. Result.
          Halved my beer consumption, at least.
          Been to the gym 3 times in 7 days.
          Lost 2 lbs when I got on the scale this morning.
          8)

Comment

Well done, my target hasn't even started yet. I have been off work since Monday with flu like illness. Really annoyed because I have a friend who is studying to become a personal trainer draw me up my own routine/plan thing. It's just stuck to the fridge looking at me.

Comment

One good thing about that Yorath, for me the best way to lose weight is to be ill - it flies off

Comment

Yeah Marcus its true, but it piles back on when yah appetite returns, its jus water retention and lack of it when you are ill.

I finally went to the gym yesterday, man.......... it was so............. packed again, looks like all the noobs are puttin in the time for the next month or so before they drop like flys again. I dont my new peeps, its nice but when they hog machines and spend like 15 minutes resting it gets frustrating! Especially the larger group of lads who hang around one machine for like an hour talking about theirnight out. FFS!

Anyways, its good that im finally gettin back to it after being away for err a week. It was hard once again to do my routine and i had to leave a few reps off. About my goals well, it was to do more classes and go the gime more regularly. Which im struggling to do with all these noobs hogging stuff.

I must persevre, i cant let Charlie Bear down! "reach that goal!"

Comment

lost around 4lbs so far in 2 weeks.

eating less, and better, gym and football at least 3 times a week.

should be able to lose a stone and a half by the end of Feb at this rate

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    Charlie Bear has inspired me to reach my running shoes at least! I started around 2 weeks ago with 2xsessions (consecutively) 2days rest and then 2x sessions of 25min runs again. This week I just haven't been able to get into it - i'm finding any excuse not to get out there eg, rain, wind, my baby son, Sega rally 1995 on PS2 grrr lol

I'm currently hovering around 16stone. My depressing-uplifting-depressing story is around 1997 I weighed almost 20 stone, yup I was a fat f**k. I woke up one night in October 1997 and my heart was palpitaing (after a large midnight feast of kebabs lol) I really thought I was going to die and was admiited to hospital (I was 24 BTW!). The doctor basically said If I carried on I would die etc etc.

The next week I watched Rocky IV (no lie lol!) and got inspired to go for a run it lasted all of 5 minutes and I felt like i'd been hit with a large bag of wet fish but it also felt GOOD! So i carried on - days turned into weeks, turning into months turning into years and by 2003 i'd got myself down to 12 and 3/4 stone - basically I looked the daddy!

In 2003 and I met my wife and stepson from an internet dating website (she's not Thai BTW!) and we now have a baby boy a year old. In this 'loved up, wife meeting, baby having' period my weight has slowly crept up.

I have been aware of it but it's only in the last 2-3 months it's totally ballooned and I need all yall help!

I'm wanting to reach my target weight of around 12.5-13 stone, i'm 5'11" and very stocky (or 'deep' as my wife says). I've been keeping fit by cycling to and from work (around 40miles/week) but have stopped running until recently (had my bike stolen). I need to know how I can lose weight from the gut area effectively as the is the main problem area (I have well toned legs and arms/chest). Any help would be appreciated - I have to say this has been quite cathartic and will go running tonight god speed! Thanks for your time (sorry this turned into a long rambling post peeps),
                    Take care all

Comment

Its the first area to put weight on, and usually the last and hardest area to lose weight from unfortunatly. Everyone has a six-pack, its just hidden by fat. I by no means have a fat gut, but wanted to tone up, Ive been maintaining my running which for me is the best way of keeping to my desired weight, and doing situps and leg-raises at the work gym I goto 3 times a week.

Comment

I find going for a run in the park more effective than a treadmill. I have a question actually, they say active bodys sweat more. When i walk up a load of steps i start sweating and when i reach the top im breaking out! Is it good to sweat so easily or is it a trade off to getting fit?

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                          I find going for a run in the park more effective than a treadmill. I have a question actually, they say active bodys sweat more. When i walk up a load of steps i start sweating and when i reach the top im breaking out! Is it good to sweat so easily or is it a trade off to getting fit?

Yeah thats a good sign your bodys getting into shape, pain in the ass however.

Comment

some inspiration for us fatties...

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Inspiration indeed lol

I got out there and jogged for 32 mins last nite did some ab crunches and press ups- will attempt again tonight RRRRRWWWWWAAAAAARRR thundercats!

Comment

first (and last) visit to this thread so will add something constructive, the instant six-pack
                                Last edited by VR46; 21-06-2007, 09:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X