Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any off road shoes? In last weekend's race through the mud, even my Salomon trail shoes struggled to find any grip. They guy that won had some seriously gripping looking soles.

I jumped on to a plank of wood over a ditch, but slipped and landed with the plank across my upper back, head dangling over one side, rest of body, over the other. Too much pressure on one spot. Hurts.

Comment

I've toyed with the idea of off road/trail shoes before but I very rarely find myself running in such environments. That and I don't particularly like getting muddy keeps me away!

Sorry to hear you had a fall. What's the estimated recovery time? Are there any other cardio activities you can do to keep the fitness levels up?

Comment

I might be able to get on my exercise bike. I'll find out on wednesday. At the moment I have a cold (due to being a bit run down from lack of sleep due to any movement while laying down causing large pain) and every time I sneeze I can feel the stomach muscle I pulled during the same accident getting worse and tearing a bit more. It's excruciating. Even laughing or coughing is killing me.

Comment

I went out at midnight last night for a 4km run. My legs are f**ked now.

Comment

Any reason you did it at that time?

Comment

Had a superb speedwork session yesterday, completing my usual number of reps, though I could have easily done another 2 or 3. Left achilles tendon is a bit sore today though, so will get the roller on it over the weekend so no racing for me tomorrow!

Did anybody watch the Panorama sports products special last night? It was very interesting, but so incredibly biased. What annoyed me the most was their piece about sports drinks. You were either a pro athlete, in which case the drinks absolutely work but if you're just regular Joe Bloggs, then they had no impact at all! There was no mention of fitness enthusiasts like me that do like to compete and be at my best, despite being nowhere near Olympic gold standard. Worth a watch on iPlayer to rile up the blood!

Comment

Got checked out at the hospital again. Proper messed myself up. Abdomen is tearing under my old appendix scar and shoulder blade is properly borked about an inch from the tip. As usual, my gung ho "it's nothing" approach is not paying off. 5 weeks of nothing ahead. Walking should be ok though. Insert expletive here. See you in September.

Comment

Now "hench" but still got moobage. Can now push a door effortlessly and it will probably swing ninety degrees into the wall it is attached to, thus making a thud.

Is minor moobage really such a bad sacrifice to make for having such exoskeleton-style hyper-physical propensities? I think not.

Comment

heheh.

I tried bodyboarding, being in the water was good. Got a few good rides in. The acceleration was pretty cool. Need to get a rash vest though. Shoulder blade still isn't strong enough for running yet.

Comment

Managed to PB at Saturday's Parkrun, now clocking in at 23:21 for a 5k with no sprint finish. I would love to be able to score a sub 23 minute finish but I think without serious committed 5k training/speedwork, it's not gonna happen anytime soon based on all my recent PBs being single digit seconds. I've agreed to help pace a friend once a month at the race to break the 30 minute barrier for her (current PB is 31.29) to break up our schedules a bit.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your injury Charles, sounds nasty!

And look, I made the local paper!
                        Latest sport news for Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Topsham and the surrounding Devon areas from the Exmouth Journal.

Comment

Hah! Smart.

Comment

Did 4 miles landing on the fore foot first. About a mile too far so my calves are hurting in really weird places. Still, my shoulder pain is saying take a few days off, so that's all ok by me.

Watching the women's marathon and the top 4 were all running like that.

Comment

Joined the gym for 6 weeks , still recoveiring my knee from my op, but want to lose weight in the process

my currect routine
                              morning
                              Cup of tea in morning, almond milk, 1 sweetner 30 cal , 1 whey protien shake for lunch 90 calories
                              early afternoon
                              gym 2 x 10 mins on bikes
                              30 min non stop on rowing machine,
                              5 min on bike warm down

whey protien again 90 cal
                              cup of tea when i get home 30 cal
                              dinner at 6pm between 300-600 calories ( typical meal egg or , qourn veggie range stuff, beans lots of salad and veggies)
                              cup of tea 30 cal

then a gentle 20 min cycle at 8 pm

9 pm small bowl of cerial such as allbran, alpen 150 -200calories

late night a cup of tea again

im trying todrink more water than usual too

-----------

Do you think this will work? i have a bit of a belly after being layed up in bed for he best part of 6 weeks after my op, I am 5 weeks into my rehab.

Im hoping to return to playing basketball, football, and rowing again after the 6 weeks , so i need muscle too
                              Last edited by yesteryeargames; 07-08-2012, 21:57.

Comment

I have not seen any high ranking runners of any distance heel strike in these games. I watch their forms like hawks, although I do believe one of the best forms to be Michael Johnson. His head (heaviest part of the body as you know) stays almost perfectly still whilst his lower half motors on. There is hardly any wastage on his momentum forward. Obviously if he ran a marathon that might be different story. hehe

When your body takes over from your mind and your landing without thinking it really makes a difference to your run. IMO of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X