This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one.

I did a 5 mile X-Country race in the mud. Fell on a plank bridge and knocked the wind out of myself for a while and messed up my shoulder. Still managed 5th, but should have been 3rd
    38minutes and took.... heheh. In the dry would have been nearer 32.

Comment

Been doing press-ups daily for the last fortnight, now starting to look and feel a tad hench. Definitely forgot about the psychological effects of exercise, works wonders for one's chill level, and self-esteem, feeling hella more relaxed/assured right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        Been doing press-ups daily for the last fortnight, now starting to look and feel a tad hench. Definitely forgot about the psychological effects of exercise, works wonders for one's chill level, and self-esteem, feeling hella more relaxed/assured right now.
        I do x 10 dive bomber push ups, x 10 spiderman push ups & 5 minutes of plank. That is it. I run too but its just to keep toned and athletic.

Your right though, exercise blasts 'internal rust' and cobwebs.

Comment

^Consider those Googled and YouTubed.

Mate at work swears by doing 'diamond' press-ups, whereby you place your hands together with your thumbs and index fingers together in a 'diamond'/rhomboid formation. Not hench enough to do that, yet!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            ^Consider those Googled and YouTubed.

Mate at work swears by doing 'diamond' press-ups, whereby you place your hands together with your thumbs and index fingers together in a 'diamond'/rhomboid formation. Not hench enough to do that, yet!
            Yeah they are very good. Place your hands in front of your head for torso workout or place then back past your chin for shoulders/back and pecks.

I love push ups, just the slightest change of position for the hands and your working different muscle groups. The weight ratio to muscle mass is perfect as your using yourself and it keeps the muscle strong but more importantly elastic.

'Be more like bamboo then oak for bamboo still stands after a heavy storm'

Comment

^Lovely post, sir. You speak very well on the matter!

Comment

And if you're Martial Arty then knuckle/back of the hand/fingers pushups. All of which I hate.

Comment

Did my usual 5 miler tonight. However, due to having my tea late (sausage, mash, carrots and peas - yummy!) I went running only 2 hours after finishing my tea in order to get it in before I settle down for the night.

Needless to say my tea hadn't fully digested and I felt terrible all the way around. Don't want to be doing that again!

Comment

It's s tricky one trying to guage how long to eat before a run. I find if I'm just racing 5k on a Saturday, I can get away with some toast and a cereal bar up to an hour beforehand with no ill effects. If it's a longer run and a more substantial meal, I find 2 - 2.5 hours to ideal, otherwise I find I've got that empty stomach feeling again whilst I run which just distracts me. Some meals are notorious for repeating on people too! Good effort getting out though!

Comment

Well I seem to be able to run on an empty stomach quite easily. When I go for a run on Sunday mornings, it's as soon as I wake up, so I guess I'm running on empty seeing as I will not have eaten for the last 8 hours or so.

Is there is an optimum time of the day when you go running you are at your best (no doubt based on a number of factors)?

Comment

For me it's usually late morning. I try and make sure I have a decent meal the night before and breakfast before the run is really just to top up the glycogen levels. I find I've woken up properly by then and leaves me with the rest of the day to get on with things (at the weekend). My worst time is after work, where I struggle to find the energy levels to do much.

Comment

Marathons are normally at 10am, so you have to eat your bowl of porridge by 7am

I hate going running first thing when my legs are all tight from lying in bed. I like running late in the evening, e.g. 8pm or at midday so I can get a tan

Comment

I love my runs at 5/6pm. Just when the Sun starts to go down so its warm but the evening coolness is hitting.

Comment

Fractured my scapular. Marvelous No running. No mountain biking.

They didn't mention skateboarding though, so I presume that's ok.

Comment

How did you manage to fracture your scapula, Charles?

I was working away from home this weekend and purposely booked myself into a hotel with a gym and a pool. Did a 10k at on the treadmill; boy was it tough with no proper aircon or fans. I did quite like running in front of a mirror though, not because I'm vain but because it was good to see my running form for myself.

I've started to have a cereal bar or two 1 - 2 hours before a speedwork session now to help power me through. Had to cut two sessions short due to just feeling flat and not having any mojo.

Had a chance to try a pair of Nike's Lunarglide 4 shoes out and I think I'm smitten. They were about as light as my minimalist Nike Free Runs but with the support for longer runs. Defo on my radar for a future upgrade once my Lunarglide 3 shoes give up the good fight, with about 150 - 200 miles left, so sometime in the autumn by my current rates.

Comment

Working...
                                X