Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2100kcal in my run this morning. I started at 5.45am and it was an hour before the sun started coming up... lol

My camera ran out of 2 batteries at the Adidas 2013 range launch at Adidas HQ in London.

Comment

How was the 19 mile run, Charles? Feeling good?

Anything good from Adidas for 2013?

I'm off to the Running Show at Sandown Park in November, free to enter if you pre-register or ?12 on the day.

Comment

It's all yellow.
        The XT 4 off-road shoe is looking cool. Unsure if you could get that here already though.
        There's a ClimaCool Revolution which is quite funky - would be great in the hot summer. Mega airflow.
        Also, they have introduced a cycling range which is all new and there's a few interesting trail running things like a short sleeve top with shoulder pads for when wearing a rucksack or camelbak - ultra running would be good with this too when self supported.
        They also had a teaser for some new EVA replacement that will come at the end of Q1 called BOOST.

I've signed up for the running show too in case I can go.

Leg's are battered
        Last edited by charlesr; 25-10-2012, 14:38.

Comment

Did my fastest ever 6miles today. Decided after half a mile to really go for it. Last mile was 6:11 Whole thing was 38:57

Reckon 6.2 (10k) would have come in at under 40mins.
          Last edited by charlesr; 27-10-2012, 06:11.

Comment

That's a good result there, Charles. A sub 40 minute 10k is good for non club runners.

Defected to the Newport Parkrun this morning and boy, was it hard as nails. There's hardly any concrete or tarmac and mostly run on gravel, mud, grass, sand and bark so it absorbs all the energy from your legs. Went out far too quickly in the opening mile so felt sluggish in the middle portion of the race, though I managed to chase a few people down for a 21:37 finish, a new PB. Felt awful at the very end and had to sit down immediately afterwards, something I've not had to do for weeks. Definitely not PB potential on a regular basis, but superb for training for road races. Looking to PB back at my home race next week around 21:30 or faster.

Comment

And you are probably still trashed from the half last weekend.

Comment

20 miles this morning. Lovely moonlight first 45 mins Pinned the last 5 miles at marathon race pace+. Felt good.

Comment

Good effort, Charles. I'm looking forward to my long run this Sunday, gonna make it 10 or 11 miles and build up to 20-21 from there.

Had to miss my speedwork session with the running club last night. Took me forever to get back home and they'd left by then. This is possibly putting me off training with them if I can't even get to them in time.

Comment

I'm doing this training schedule

No idea if it's any good, but it's fairly intense and I'm certainly improving. However, I totally ignored all his advice about not doing this programme. I've not done speedwork since I was at school so the risk of injury is high, but so far so good.

I run the long runs 1min slower than race pace and my short recovery runs at 30s slower than race pace (or slower if I'm feeling the need). No hills where I am, so I replace those with fartlek or fast 10k.

The Marco plan says I should be somewhere between 3:10 (from my 10k time) and 3:24 (from my half marathon not feeling great time), so I'm going for the latter. Absolutely must nail this marathon because whatever happens, I'm moving on to off-road duathlons next year http://www.humanrace.co.uk/events/off-road so I'd rather run it a bit slower than I'm capable of and avoid any surprises than aim for the sky and cramp up again.

Comment

Need some serious off road trainers but the choice is bewildering. Ideally something with low heel drop and medium cushion.

I was looking at the Inov8 Bare-Grip, but realised that after a couple of hours the lack of midsole would be unbearable.
                      Sportpursuit (need to sign up to see bulk purchase crowd discounts, although I suspect it's mostly end of line stuff) have the Oroc half price, but all the reviews out there just repeat the marketing blurb and I don't think I need the spikes.

Maybe the X-Talon 212. Not sure if it's overkill though.
                      Last edited by charlesr; 01-11-2012, 12:14.

Comment

Raced at my home Parkrun today with my friend that completed the Brum half with me. It was absolutely chucking it down with the wet stuff and only 4 degrees but I ran in a vest and shorts anyway. We both PBd, me coming in with 21:23 with little traction and my friend only 10 seconds afterwards, impressive considering he's pushing 46 and only recently started competitively running again after several years lay off.

Shouldn't be long before I'm completing it in 20:xx

Comment

Getting pretty fast there! Good work.

I've pulled a muscle in the back of my knee. I felt it go - the tiniest "ping" feeling - no pain, just a tiny sensation. Strange experience. I've been running on it for a week and it's now a bit painful, but not getting any worse, even during intervals and 7min/mi pace. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Charles, do you know if there's a way to change your estimated finish time for the London Marathon? I've just remembered that I entered the ballot with a finish time of 4 hours 15 minutes and I'd like to change it to 3 hours 45 minutes, rather than have to fight my way through the crowds to find my marathon pace group.

Comment

Wait till the last minute on the left hand side near the pens as you go up the hill and follow your pen group and join at the top (where the pens end or you'll find a gap in the barriers.
                              Last edited by charlesr; 07-11-2012, 14:17.

Comment

Pulled muscle isn't going away, so I'm taking the rest of the week off.

Comment

Working...
                                X