No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa! Did you back off during the slide? It's almost impossible not to - your brain tells you to shut off the throttle. I've tried to do them on purpose while almost upright and still my head says "ROLL OFF OMG YOU'RE GOING TO DIE" lol

Comment

Well, in the classic rear-wheel-grabbing potential-highside situation, my habit of grabbing the clutch (comes from bicycle racing when that's a brake) would save me. But this one was a lot simpler:

1. Person cuts in front suddenly.
      2. Then brakes. I brake.
      3. I hit the back of their car doing about 15mph.
      4. Olympic-standard somersault over the handlebars.

Their car wasn't even marked - the speed was low enough that my front tyre hit their bumper and just rebounded off. All I can say is thank feck for all the gear all the time...

Comment

That's not a highside, that's a crash, try harder next time Sounds nasty enough though and I am glad you and your bike are well. I wear all the gear all the time too, def the way to go

Comment

Shorts and Tshirt for me, especially at this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
            That's not a highside, that's a crash, try harder next time Sounds nasty enough though and I am glad you and your bike are well. I wear all the gear all the time too, def the way to go
            It's still a highside - or more accurately, a crash resulting in a highside. The name results in how the rider is thrown off, I believe? At least, that's how everyone I know uses it. I'm not that bothered though. Call it a banana if you want: I still walked away

I wear ATGATT, but nobody I have seen AT ALL in this entire city does, until now.

Comment

last week my new bike has arrived !! OH YEAH !!

here is a pic of it completely standard:

new carbon front fender and carbon hugger have been ordered and will arrive by the end of the month and I'm working on something new to hold the license plate and turnlights. So it will get even better then it is.
              And really pic's don't do it justice, this black and white looks absolutely amazing in real !!

I've ordered also the new Bridgestone BT002 (type3) tyres for this summer when we go to Assen, Zolden and the Nordschleife.

Can't wait to find out how this one is handling !! Havent drivin it yet because of ****ty weather overhere....
              Last edited by TheForce; 07-02-2008, 17:34.

Comment

Looks very nice I'd be happy to have that without any mods license permitting

I had my 1st accident last week, was nothing major and I knew it was going to happen at the time? But couldn't do anything about it... so just slid into the kerb and jumped off simultaneously catching the bike just as it hit the deck

Best part was it happen from a neutral into 1st at a right hand turn from traffic lights after RED>GREEN with me at the front of the queue

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                  Can't wait to find out how this one is handling !! Havent drivin it yet because of ****ty weather overhere....
                  Precisely; your bike might be rather spiffier than mine, but I get to ride mine all year round! Florida baby!

Speaking of which (and of model loyalty), after assessing my options I've decided to part-out my bike and take the plunge with that new-and-improved 2008 model Ninja 250. At only about 2000 quid off the showroom floor brand new, it'd be rude not to...

Comment

Force, awesome.

Eps would LOVE to try a 250 ninja! I tried a KR1-S back in the day (2 stroke killer) and it was just astonishingly quick and nimble.

I've been out on my bike a fair bit, considering how cold and wet it's been. On sunday morning 8am, it was really sunny on the road going east, but as soon as I turned north into a valley, I was plunged into darkness and went cold like a switch. Visor misted up instantly and the ground was covered in frost. eeep

Because I ride my bike in all weathers, it's starting to show its age (MY2000). The paint has started to bubble slightly on the swingarm and the wheels and the fork stansions have little rust spots on them which I'll need to sort out before they bugger up the seals. Not sure what to do about the paint though

Comment

Fantastic ThaForce, great looking machine.

Make sure you post some pics from the Nurburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                        Make sure you post some pics from the Nurburg.
                        Definitely - bikes like that shouldn't be kept on the roads all the time. That's what smaller bikes like mine are for with top speeds of circa 100mph. They can be pushed to the limit (almost) completely legally, on public roads, and it's great fun hearing that four-stroke scream. But the Fireblade? There is no WAY you can push the enveope of that bike at legal speeds! It begs for the track. Keeping it on the road all the time is almost like caging it! So fair play to TheForce - he gives his pets lots of exercise in their natural habitat

Comment

thx guys !

and don't worry about the pictures , when I have some good ones from the new bike on the Ring (or Zolder and Assen) I will post them here !

Can't wait the good weather to arrive ! we need some of that Florida climate overhere !

Comment

I sat on that Ninja 250 at the MCN show at Excel a fortnight or so ago & it just felt so comfortable...seemed like a perfect riding position & will be a bike I'll consider when I've done my DAS in a few months time

Been itching to do my test for a few years now & after being at the show the other the week the bug has bitten big time & I will be on a bike by the summer

Comment

Nice piece of kit you've gone and got yourself there sir (and the best colour scheme too IMO) !.

Have you read the write up in this months Performance Bikes?

Comment

nope haven't read it, but I did read some specials in the dutchmagazines,

and this one is also quite nice to watch : http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne.../?&R=EPI-98449

Comment

Working...
                                X