No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to revive the thread. I've recently taken an interest in biking and have been looking at a CBR-125 for a commuter bike. Where might be the best place to look for one? At the moment I've just been scanning local dealers and Autotrader. Any tips?

Comment

I visited George White's this weekend for their open weekend. It was good and it was good to be able to make some time for the bike.

Comment

Mercian, that's where I'd look, but also ebay.

Had the brake discs replaced on my Ninja last week. Finally can brake properly! Always useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercian View Post
          Time to revive the thread. I've recently taken an interest in biking and have been looking at a CBR-125 for a commuter bike. Where might be the best place to look for one? At the moment I've just been scanning local dealers and Autotrader. Any tips?
          Have you seen the Yam R125? Looks nicer i think, tyres not so skinny. A friend is after one and has done a ton of research, frequents a 125 forum, i'll find out it's name. Sure that could help.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
            Have you seen the Yam R125? Looks nicer i think, tyres not so skinny. A friend is after one and has done a ton of research, frequents a 125 forum, i'll find out it's name. Sure that could help.
            I popped out on my Gixxer for a quick spin yesterday and there was one in the car park of a country pub I visited. Looked really nice in black and yellow though I've always had a thing for the Kenny Roberts colour scheme .

Yamaha launched the all-new YZF-R125 in Valencia this week, and MCN was the first to test ride the new motorcycle on Spanish roads and Valencia's go-kart tra...

MCN road tester Adam Child visted the Yamaha stand whilst at the NEC show and took a look at the new R6, the new R125 and an updated TenereLove this video? D...

Comment

Tomorrow I will start together with 2 friends a 2 week trip to what has been said, driving heaven : Italy (Dolomiten) !! We will be driving via Germany, Austria to Italy and then via FrenchAlps, Luxembourg back to Holland!

that's gonna be awesome there, I will post some pics when I'm back !

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                Tomorrow I will start together with 2 friends a 2 week trip to what has been said, driving heaven : Italy (Dolomiten) !! We will be driving via Germany, Austria to Italy and then via FrenchAlps, Luxembourg back to Holland!

that's gonna be awesome there, I will post some pics when I'm back !
                Sounds fantastic. I had a whirlwind rip throung Europe a few years ago and some of the scenery (swiss alps) was simply breathtaking. Have a good safe time and I look forward to seeing some pic's .
                Last edited by Womble9; 13-06-2009, 11:01.

Comment

Yeah have a great time - shame you're not getting to Mugello but that's always an excuse for a second run!

Comment

Hopefully a road trip is gonna be taking place next year to Mugello. Promised myself that I gotta go there before Rossi retires.

Look forward to the pics TheForce, have fun.

Comment

After my last bike was stolen last month, I bought myself a hog yesterday. This beast here -

Comment

I finally got the Taylormade Racing exhaust fitted to my Blade a few weeks ago and it sounds much louder than I expected, based on what I had read! Nice though.

Before:

After:

I'll probably remove the Taylormade sticker, but it came with some spare ones anyway.

Comment

Not bad, I guess. Probably slightly faster than mine but then it's all about the skill, not really the power.

Really though, that's gorgeous. Very sci-fi.

Comment

Looks cool MJ. When I saw the first 'after' picture I was thinking, 'So where is it?'. D'oh.

Comment

Does it make much difference to the curve? Or does it just look and sound ridiculously cool?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Not bad, I guess. Probably slightly faster than mine but then it's all about the skill, not really the power.
                                I saw yours and the first thing I thought was "that seat looks comfy". I must be getting old

Mine is completely standard. Apart from double bubble for comfort and rear hugger because I like the look. I can happily consider modding cars but almost all 600s and up are so bonkers as standard that it doesn't seem worth it. A bit like the koenig specials

Comment

Working...
                                X