No announcement yet.

Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And wear two layers of underpants if you plan on pinning the throttle ( not recommended in first btw ).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      My advice? Don't do this if you want to keep your own bike for a while.
      Yeah, that did cross my mind.

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      And wear two layers of underpants if you plan on pinning the throttle ( not recommended in first btw ).
      Was thinking more of a stroll round a car park than a blast on the country lanes, it's third party only I have for other peoples bikes so wouldn't want to risk anything.

Comment

so finally I'm going to try out the new Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's, Wednesday I'm getting the new tyres, was thinking about getting the new Bridgestones BT015, but still decided to go for the Michelin's, I just had to try them out (been driving Bridgestones BT014 for some time..)

the Bridgestones served me well..... here's the last bit of action from my rear tyre (what's left of it...)

Comment

Hooligan

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE, LIGHT THEM TYRES UP!

Comment

Good man. Let's see feet up next time.

Comment

Is it a bit of a bitch to clean when you do a proper burn out? I get he feeling loads of hot rubber would stick to everything, never done one myself

Never even sat on the Repsol rep, too busy riding, we covered just under 200 miles. Super fast bike though, he's just finished running it in so was still not getting over 7.5k rpm and was still leaving me for dead in most situations. Was great to follow a really experienced rider though, he barely ever braked, super smooth.

Comment

Brake in, accelerate out, stay alive. Super smooth and quick round corners on real roads = dead. I speak from almost experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlesr
                    Brake in, accelerate out, stay alive. Super smooth and quick round corners on real roads = dead. I speak from almost experience.
                    I didn't say we were going fast (well, too fast) round the corners. That's your assumption Charles, we're both very responsible and stick well within our limits on the road, as you've mentioned before, going faster than you can see to stop on a corner is like playing Russian Roulette. He was smooth in the fact that he used the bike to get to the correct corner speeds and judged them well enough in advance to get to the right speed without having to brake (too often). There was no racing up to a corner, hard on brakes, round then open throttle fully, the whole road was taken in nice fluid movements.

This mate has been road riding for nearly 15 years now and never had a crash on the road, he saves all that for track days and the seasons that he races!! I'm more than happy to follow and learn from someone like that

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                      Is it a bit of a bitch to clean when you do a proper burn out? I get he feeling loads of hot rubber would stick to everything, never done one myself
                      yeah, it's a bitch to clean it afterwards... it took me more time to clean it then to create the mess that's for sure

can't be responsible all the time ....

Comment

Don't know what you guys think of Ewan and Charley but they set off on the Long Way Down yesterday.

Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman travel from John O'Groats to South Africa

From the fact it's a BBC website and the end of the vid says BBC2 I guess it's going to be shown on BBC this time!

The bikes are looking cool.

Comment

Those beemers are meant to be fun.

Comment

Are all taxi drivers idiots?

I was filtering past stationary traffic today on a main road. They were stuck in a queue waiting for traffic light controlled roadworks, this taxi was around 3-400m from the roadworks, he was just approaching a traffic island. The next car in front of him was next to the island. No room for me to get between the car and the island so I pulled into the gap between the taxi and car in front at an angle. Plan was as soon as the car moved on I was going to go around and start filtering again. I don't wrongside roundabouts.

Mr taxi man thought this was too much obviously (although he was already stationary) and pointed his wheels at me and actually drove into my leg/foot. Luckily the car in front had started to move as it happened so I went off around that car and the next 300m of cars to the roadworks. What's the point in trying to hurt someone like that when he wasn't going anywhere? I've now even more reason to always wear my boots and full gear.

Next time I think I'll wait next to the car rather than in front if there isn't a clear escape route.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                              Are all taxi drivers idiots?

I was filtering past stationary traffic today on a main road. They were stuck in a queue waiting for traffic light controlled roadworks, this taxi was around 3-400m from the roadworks, he was just approaching a traffic island. The next car in front of him was next to the island. No room for me to get between the car and the island so I pulled into the gap between the taxi and car in front at an angle. Plan was as soon as the car moved on I was going to go around and start filtering again. I don't wrongside roundabouts.

Mr taxi man thought this was too much obviously (although he was already stationary) and pointed his wheels at me and actually drove into my leg/foot. Luckily the car in front had started to move as it happened so I went off around that car and the next 300m of cars to the roadworks. What's the point in trying to hurt someone like that when he wasn't going anywhere? I've now even more reason to always wear my boots and full gear.

Next time I think I'll wait next to the car rather than in front if there isn't a clear escape route.
                              Taxi drivers are professionals. This means you are wrong.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Always fancied getting into biking and still do but find most bikes restrictive so thought i would get some advice from the experienced riders in here.

Was always my intention to do the c.b.t. and get some experience on a 125cc bike but due to me being 6ft 5in. the only bikes i found decent for legroom were the trail bikes yamaha dt and the likes.I did think about a honda cg 125 but the next image always sprung to mind.

The other problem i found were my size 12's especially trying to keep on the peg and under the gears.

I am sure other tall/large feet people have managed to get over these problems and i am interested in how.

Comment

Working...
                                X