Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post

So...what happens..they don't. Tall order for the Aussies...early wickets, beautiful
    Early - dodgy - wickets...even better....

Comment

Yes...I was following it via live blog as I got my lady-friend here. Its always nice to read that kind of stuff

Comment

To quote Han Solo...I've got a bad feeling about this all of a sudden. Hadden and Clarke (especially) played beautifully this afternoon. If they knock off another 100 in the morning, Australia will win - their tail can bat, and if they need 100-120 with 4-5 wickets left, I fear the worst.

But then, I am an England cricket, and a Tottenham footie, fan...so maybe I've just grown this pessimistic over all these years!

Comment

Don't worry about it. I always find that pessimism is the way to go. If you're pessimistic and right, you've sort of mentally prepared yourself for it, so disappointments are less of a crushing blow. If you're pessimistic annd wrong, it's the best feeling and you don't mind being proved wrong!

Comment

Haddin was very shaky early on particularly to Flintoff who was yet again unlucky not to get more wickets. I can't believe there wasn't a 3rd slip in place early on to Haddin, if there had been he'd have been out long ago.

Australia have a chance now to smash the record for a 4th innings run chase (418?) and create history. If England lose from here they may fall apart like they did in the last ashes series where they disastrously lost the 2nd test after posting 551-6 declared. The pitch ought to be more helpful tomorrow though and an early wicket would make all the difference.

Comment

I'm fearing the worst also. But a new day and a early wicket should do the trick, its all about the first wicket now though. I do agree though that their tail can bat.

Would be crushing to lose this test or even if the weather plays a part and the draw happens somehow..

Comment

Nice early Wicket, should tip the scales in our favour. If we don't win this test, we'll lose the series. Would be a very bad loss that would destroy morale.

Comment

It's tense stuff. When England routed Ponting in both innings, my friend thought it was all over for Australia, but people always forget about Clarke. He's the big game player who rises to these sorts of challenges. He's the one who holds the key to an Australian victory.

Love the comment from Michael Fish on TMS:

"Based on the long range weather forecast I sold the tickets I had for today's play on Thursday. Not my best decision ever."

Comment

chances are pretty slim now, pending a once in a lifetime innings by the tail enders.

Comment

Lovely stuff, all done

Comment

excellent, the momentum is with us now.

Comment

get in

Comment

Nice to see Flintoff back on full form for his last 5 dayer at Lords.

There's an Australian lady at our work who has decked her desk out with full Australian garb: Flag, Didgeridoo (honest, straight up), Fluffy Kangaroo.

She's not speaking to me now .

Comment

Wow what a spell by Freddie - smashed us - and he did it on one leg!

I'm sure we'll bounce back at Edgebaston.

Comment

Series is setting up nice. Great win. Aussies did dig in and made it a contest. Not surprising, when don't they. Bring on the 3rd test

Comment

Working...
                                X