No announcement yet.

Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was well over for Strausses dismissal. Swann went with 3 balls to go (last over before close of play) and his wicket brought the end at 307-8 (i think)

Wicket is gonna be a big factor, I think this does put us in a decent position.

Comment

pitch does look a bit lively, still put my mony on us bowling like a sunday league outfit and them running up 500+, Harmison is mentally awful and will bowl wide short tat giving them quick runs and wasting the new ball.

Comment

Heh short wide tat. It's all true, most of his deliveries will balloon down the leg side.

I wish he'd give up on this England thing and stick with Durham, he's tremendous for them at county level, a totally different bowler.

Comment

Maybe he will find line and length, and get it right. His International figures must be half decent.

Bell was pick of the bunch, so far, looked very uncofortable early on but he was quite gritty and made 73.

I really think that even if the pitch does cut up even more (which it obv will) and it does help the bowlers..I really wouldn't call this after day 1. Very much in the balance.

To what Jebus said. This really has been a tough series, and final game to call, although dispite getting a battering the last test, there isn't a lot it in with these two sides this year. IMO.

Comment

LBW on the second ball...

so much for me hoping we'd get 350.

Going to need one hell of a bowling performance.

Comment

all out 332. Not horrible but not very good either. All depends on if we can get Australia all out for less than 400 to have a chance of winning.

Comment

No one else seems to be watching or is too busy watching to post but meh.
                30-0, looks like a strong start for australia, doesn't bode well. Need a wicket quick or they're on the fast track to a 500 and the win or draw they need.

Comment

I lolled when Harmison's first ball went down the leg side and was smashed for 4.

Tidy bowling on the whole, but not many killer deliveries causing real problems.
                  Last edited by prinnysquad; 21-08-2009, 12:02.

Comment

Play resumes 2:30. Need some wickets!

Comment

85-2 now, pretty good, need to strike whilst the iron is hot and force a collapse now

Comment

Blimey, Broad must've been hitting the nets over the last week or so.

Comment

Easy fella. This is a test match, not 20:20.

30-0 was never anything to worry about and if the wickets don't fall like mad over the afternoon session, we can still win this.

Comment

108-4 excellent. Very strong position now, assuming the rain doesn't hand the Aussies a draw.

Comment

No dammit they should have them all out by now. Poor bowling.

Comment

Hooooooooo 109-6! Could get them to follow on!

Comment

Working...
                                X