No announcement yet.

Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny too that Kallis has managed to overtake Punter's test century total. Kallis has 40, Punter 39.

Both still wayyyyyyy behind the Little Master though, who has 51

Comment

Been watching Jaques lately. Decent player, glad he's stilling going tbh.

Comment

Prior is batting like a legend. Watching this with a nice few beers and a huge grin on my face.

Comment

Its good, aye. Collingwood is retiring from Test Cricket after this test.

Good figures. Has been a key figure at ODI's and Test Cricket.

Shame he wasn't at his best for this, being his final test series.

But I raise my glass with sincere congratulations to him.

Comment

Yeah great player and a good lad.
            Let's hope Swann doesn't miss him at first slip too much.

Comment

100 for Prior

109 balls for 101 runs awesome!!!

Comment

He'll be a tough man to replace. Even though his batting has been awful recently, his influence looms large in the fielding, spirit and mentality of the squad. Simon Hughes wrote a good article (especially the second half) the other day explaining his value:

A cynic would say he's jumped before he's pushed. Maybe. But it's a measure of the man that he knew it was time to step aside and didn't cling on in an undignified manner. He has ultimately done what's best for him and what's best for English cricket.

As a player he has always gave his all for the shirt. His average is over 40 and he's saved quite a few games. As a bowler he's been useful as a change/pre-new ball option, and he has set new standards for English fielding. No-one can say that Paul Collingwood didn't serve his country with pride, guts and application.

Comment

Nice post Prinny.
                  He'll have a big influence in the upcoming ODI's.

Comment

Another awsome night of cricket.

Swann smashing the ball all over the place,

All over bar the shouting now.

Comment

Eyes failed me, but not tonight. I'll be watching us wrap this up

Fantastic (Isn't that 3 ashes win in 4 now?) Good times.

Comment

Roll on the celebrations ale on chill, coming out soon.

@Prinny. Lovely written paragraphs about Collingwood.

Comment

There's me thinking I would be getting to bed early tonight! Damn rain
                          Just ordered an England ODI shirt with Collingwood on the back

Comment

3-1 Best Ashes series ever?

Proud, happy and tired

Respect to Smith and Siddle battled and batted well.

Comment

brilliant work, proud

just a shame sky are such scumbags ive had to listen on the radio and watch highlights, bring back cricket to ch 4

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                                brilliant work, proud

just a shame sky are such scumbags ive had to listen on the radio and watch highlights, bring back cricket to ch 4
                                Yeah it's a real shame that just when this starts to happen there is no live cricket on terrestrial TV whatsoever. Admittedly Sky have always shown the tours but I can't see any home ashes win ever reproducing the hype of 2005.

There were in fact plans to try and at least get the home ashes series back on tv though. Dunno what's happened to that since but how well can it compete with other sports in the future like this?

Comment

Working...
                                X