Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NEC show was alright, but there wasn't that much to take photos of in the show itself, not of any interest anyway. There were some nice reflections and architecture there, I liked this one the most:

I got quite a nice pic of two Green Finches fighting too.

And a reflection in a water barrel at some garden centre

I took quite a lot of pics this w/e but these are the only ones I really liked.

Comment

Nice pics again Marty.

Thought i'd take a trip to the hills today as it had snowed, problem is it had mostly gone when i got there, anyway

Bits of wood!

Tired baby after morning out

Comment

Was out and about at the weekend in Greenwich and the London Aquarium trying to get to grips with my camera but came across many problems with pics being out of focus and blurred. Its not easy is it?!

The pic of the bull rushes was taken pretty much directly into the sun using 1000 shutter speed to try and take out some of the light and get a still an image as possible because it was mad windy. In reality they looked heavenly but didn't represent so well in my pic

Also tried to get the Turtles shell still with blur on there legs but couldn't get the focus right Maybe due to the thick glass, shaky hand or just their movements.

Got some nice effects with a slow shutter speed of water rippling in the Ray tank but the subject matter was too dull to post.

EDIT - Oh my pics are like 3MB >_< Anybody know how to reduce the size of pics? Oh sussed it!
        Last edited by spagmasterswift; 22-05-2007, 21:03.

Comment

What camera is it that you're using? Anything below 1/60th of a second and the chances are you're going to get shaky pics if you're not using a tripod. Upping the ISO rating or using a wider apature counter this.

Taking photos through glass can be problematic, you will definitely lose some light, but I find more of a problem is the refelections you get with it.

Keep at it, and do what I do, take lots and lots of pics, odds are you'll get something usable then

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
            What camera is it that you're using?

Keep at it, and do what I do, take lots and lots of pics, odds are you'll get something usable then
            Its a Sony DSC-W7 Cyber-shot. Yeah I defo need to get used to the freedom of taking loads of pics. My girlfriend seems to have a better eye for it as she got a nice wood contrast with my pale ugly mug in this pic >_<
            Last edited by spagmasterswift; 22-05-2007, 21:03.

Comment

Just looked up the specs, it lists its ISO ratings as 100,200 and 400 - I suspect it defaults to 100, as this will produce the least amount of noise on the pictures. However, this means in low light levels your exposure times are going to rise. If you're having issues with blur/shakey pics, try changing the ISO setting to 200 or 400 and have another go.

Apature wise it's goes from f/2.8 to f/10 so shorter exposures less DoF at the f2.8 end longer exposures more DoF at the f10 end. So, a smaller apature helps in lower light levels too.

Comment

It's virtually the same camera as mine with a different pixel count.

My recommendation to begin with is: stick it into P mode, and find a bin or a wall to rest it on. Make sure you keep the shutter held down as you take the shot until the word "Processing" has disappeared from the screen. You'll get there

Comment

I've been playing around with shutter speeds in M mode - whats P Mode?

Comment

P is like snapshot but it uses the five-point-focus and will go for a longer shutter speed if the camera thinks it's appropriate. The nice thing about it is, you can let the camera decide the shutter speed and aperture, and see if you like the results. In turn, that lets you know how your camera will behave in M mode.

Most of my shots are taken in P mode, and they usually turn out OK; it's only when I'm deliberately going for a depth-of-field, or overexposed, or something, that I use M.

Comment

Nice one, I shall focus on using that (no pun intended) and see if my pics improve...

Comment

Here are this weekends efforts......

Comment

and a few more......

Comment

Oh yeah and Ginger - how's the 5d. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Some very nice pics there!
                              I'm especially fond of the B&W birdhouse one, the blurred dove, and the dove coop. That's a really nice image.
                              The swan's quite funny. It's taken like a human portrait. I must admit, it threw me off a bit.

Anyway, good stuff. I just came back from an art school photography exhibition. Your stuff's way better than most of the shots in there. There were some good pieces, but there were some absolutely awful ones too. I think I'm at least as good as most of those kids and I have absolutely no education whatsoever...

Comment

Originally posted by bangaio
                                Oh yeah and Ginger - how's the 5d. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                                Its great!, it would be nice to get out and take a few more pictures. I hoping to take it to crufts on Friday to get a number of staffie pics.

Its first trip out (the matalan fire) was quite successful. I'm doing more experiment shots at the moment just to try things out. Will hopefully do some traffic trail shots when i can.

Oh nice birds btw, i did try some bird shots on our feeder however the birds weren't co-operating this time. Must remember to superglue the perch
                                Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 06-03-2006, 21:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X