No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

final round, needs to learn to unload a little more, fantastic entertainment and Khan for me has won the belt. Oa right AKA Khan killer, next oppopnent is going to expliot this over 10 rounds.

Comment

Williams was pretty awful yes, even without the cuts couldn't see him winning, Harrison is 35 though so needs to get fighting regularly sharpish if is he's to get a title shot before it's too late.

Didn't see Khan fight, nice to see him go the distance though, expect really big things from him next year.

Comment

Re: Williams V Harrison- I saw the first fight, it was ****.

They were both flat footed and wooden as ****, but atleast Williams was game.
        Harrison is a pussy and a disgrace to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
          Williams was pretty awful yes, even without the cuts couldn't see him winning, Harrison is 35 though so needs to get fighting regularly sharpish if is he's to get a title shot before it's too late.

Didn't see Khan fight, nice to see him go the distance though, expect really big things from him next year.
          Harrison is a total bum.

His first fight w/ Williams proved that.
          He ain't never getting a shot, even with the division as crap as it is today.
          I would not be surprised if Holyfield manages to pick up a version of the title next year.

Holyfield has stated his mission is to unify all versions.
          However, at 42 or whatever he is, he is a shadow of his former self and I do not see this happening.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS
            Harrison is a total bum.
            I disagree. He definitely isn't world-class, but not a bum. He is an Olympic Champ after all, which still means a hell of a lot in Boxing, even though Audley has effectively prostituted the Gold Medal that he won in Sydney six years ago.

He ain't never getting a shot, even with the division as crap as it is today.
            I would not be surprised if Holyfield manages to pick up a version of the title next year.
            Granted, while I wouldn't put my money on Audley beating Wladimir Klitschko or Nikolay Valuev for their titles, you honestly don't think he'd give Shannon Briggs a run for the proverbial? Briggs is at least as limited a fighter as Harrison, if not worse.

We'll ignore that bit about Holyfield as that is simply ridiculous.

Holyfield has stated his mission is to unify all versions.
            However, at 42 or whatever he is, he is a shadow of his former self and I do not see this happening.
            And the winner of the "Understatement Of The Year 2006" award is...

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-12-2006, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse
              Granted, while I wouldn't put my money on Audley beating Wladimir Klitschko or Nikolay Valuev for their titles, you honestly don't think he'd give Shannon Briggs a run for the proverbial? Briggs is at least as limited a fighter as Harrison, if not worse.
              Lets put things into perspective shall we?-

Briggs fought Lennox Lewis and George Foreman.
              Two all time greats and two of the hardest, if not THE two hardest punching heavyweights ever.

Do you honestly think Harrison would have ever had the balls to get in the ring with either of those fighters?
              Because I don't.
              Look at his performance against Danny Williams in their first fight, he was boxing, if you could even call it that, defense only.

Thats why he is a bum, in Olympic boxing you can get by only seeking to score points and doing enuf for the judges to give you the decision.
              In pro boxing that will not work forever.
              There comes a point were you have to step up your game and commit.

Harrison however, is incapable of doing this because he is afraid of being punched.
              He is a bum.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse
              We'll ignore that bit about Holyfield as that is simply ridiculous.
              I guess I can assume you have not seen Holyfields last two fights then?
              First he beat a journeyman, Jeremy Bates TKO 2, then in his last fight he out pointed Fres Oquendo over 12 rounds.
              A fighter who was thought to be too much for old Holyfield.
              Holy even dropped him twice during the fight.

Like I say I dont see Holy beating Valuev, but I reckon he could get one of the crapper belts.
              Last edited by DANGEROUS; 11-12-2006, 06:30.

Comment

Couple of fights on tonight;

Audley Harrison on ITV1 & Amir Khan on ITV4

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, was having a ****e day and some good boxing might turn it around

Amir is on at 9, and Audley at 10.

Comment

Watch the fight that is on now, incredible stuff. Earls corner threw the towel ina dn the ref threw it out just as earl floored his opponent.

Comment

Will spoiler about tonight's two fights in case you haven't seen them yet.

Amir Khan, great win, 45 seconds, fantastic fighter

Harrison, what a punch that floored him, don't think anyone would have got up from that one, hard to see him going anywhere now, that'll teach him to shoot his mouth off!

Comment

Really glad to see Harrison going down so easily (well, it was a great shot). The guy just comes across as a complete idiot, how on earth is he going to get the british fans back behind him again when he moves to LA and wears a Jamaica t-shirt to the ring.

Was a shame to see Earl lose, he took so many punchs I can't blame the ref for calling it quits after the 6th round. But you have to give the man kudos, barrels of fighting spirit in that one.

Thanks again for the heads-up, would of missed them otherwise. Then again you could have missed the Khan fight if you blinked, the guy is just too bloody fast. Glad i don't pay to watch his fights

Comment

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Personally, I can't believe that Lennox would seriously consider it. Also, I don't think it'd be such a wise move.

Sure, he cut Vitali Klitschko's face up in their first fight, but he definitely wasn't having it all his own way, from what I can remember of it - Klitschko was winning on points before it was stopped.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-02-2007, 14:36.

Comment

Would be surprised if Lewis took the fight, though as you say he was losing to Klitschko before the fight was stopped.

Lewis doesn't need the money and from what I read recently he is quite out of shape, he reckoned it would take a solid 8 to 9 months to get back to his fighting fitness.

Comment

Lewis has dismissed the rumours

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Danny Williams is fighting for the UK Heavyweight title tonight iirc, don't see it being on TV though

Comment

Working...
                                X