No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe vs Hopkins would be brilliant! Back to the Hatton fight, watching the round 8 highlights now and it was superb from Mayweather. If you look carefully in the background at one point when Ricky is being pumelled you can see Barrera in the crowd looking on in shock!
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 09-12-2007, 04:58.

Comment

So if is Hatton fighting dela hoya next?

Comment

Originally posted by pilotwings View Post
        So if is Hatton fighting dela hoya next?
        I think De La Hoya has retired and just concentrating on promotion. Anyway off to bed for me!

Comment

shame.look forward to watching it properly at some point.

Comment

o right I must be thinking of someone else then.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotwings View Post
              o right I must be thinking of someone else then.
              I think there were talks about this fight next year at Wembley stadium. Hatton, should stay well clear - he's just too small for De la hoya who is a natural 154 lbs.

Comment

Gutsy performance from Hatton, Mayweather's holding was annoying, but got to admit he finished our Ricky off in style

Loved Hatton's turn around and sticking his arse out after being deducted a point

Comment

Originally posted by GODZOOKI View Post
                  Hatton no doubt has heart but will come up short.

Mayweather does not have the greatest hands in terms of punching power but tends to slash his punches and will open up Hattons eyes in the early rounds. Mayweather will win this within 9 rounds.
                  Oh damn, i was a round out in my prediction /o\

Comment

Got to say the better man won, though it was enough Ricky had to fight the best fighter out there, he also had to deal with having a dousch bag of a ref breaking the action all the time, as well as that Mayweather lives in Nevada and all three refs were based out of Nevada, at the time of the stoppage they all had Mayweather up by about 6-8 points, crazy, I had Mayweather up by about 2 points at the time of stoppage.

I do think when Hatton had a point taken away he lost alot of his composure, still I expected it would be a tough one to win and the result was no suprise.

Comment

Really enjoyable to watch. Mayweather showed composure and class.

The hits were far too heavy and accurate for Hatton to take and the inside work that was much promised did not happen partly due to Mayweather's stong-arming.

I think his trainer said it all in the post-fight interview, "I always said he was the best in Light-Welterweight only"

Comment

For those who missed/couldn't watch the action from Las Vegas last weekend, BBC Two will repeat the Mayweather-Hatton fight in full this Sunday at 1pm.

Comment

The Skelton fight for the WBA Heavyweight belt is on Setanta from 11pm.

Comment

Skelton put up a good effort, thought it was a fair bit closer than the scorecards were.

Next up is Roy Jones Jr vs Tito Trinidad in about 30 minutes time.

Comment

Yeah I had Skelton behind by about three rounds also, better effort than I was expecting from him, not seen the Jones fight yet.

Comment

Haye vs Maccanelli (sic) at the weekend. Should be a great fight - two great fighters, David Haye is the ladies choice as well (according to my wife).

Comment

Working...
                                X