X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton V Pacman
    HOLY SH*T

Did anyone watch this??

I am trying to think of a more one sided complete and utter annhilation of a boxer in recentish memory than the destruction dished out by the Pacman to Hatton this morning.

It was an absolute masterclass by Pacquiao. He floored Hatton twice and then sparked him with a brutal uppercut in the last seconds of the second.

I hope hattons ok because he wasn't on his feet for a long time. He should now retire after this and enjoy his money because if last nights fight was anyhthing to go by, he will get seriously hurt soon.

I didn't expect hatton to win tbh and had the pacman to win in 5 but the total domination and speed of the pacman was astonishing. Hatton could easily have been seeing stars in the first but he hung on.

What i can't fathom is where was his new tactical style?? Everyone knew that if he went into this fight in the same vein as he approached the Mayweather fight he was gonna be in trouble. But thats exactly what he did . Chin out and swinging, pacman picked him off at will like he was child windmilling, and some of the shots he caught Hatton with, with aside from the knockdown hits were brutal. He was wide open.

After this, i do think Hatton should hang up his gloves as he must now realise he aint good enough for top drawer fighters. he has a great heart and seems a top bloke with it but he should bail out while he is still in one piece.

Just watch this on youtube, its frightening how easily pacman made it look

Comment

What an amazing fight that was. Hatton totally unprepared and he looked it going into the ring aswell.

Freddie Roach on the other hand had done the homework, instructed Pacman exactly what to do and he obeyed mercilessly.

What a fight.

Comment

Hatton should quit now.

He has nothing to prove now and besides, losing to someone pound for pound heavier (Mayweather) and lighter (Pacman) must really put doubts in Hatton's head now.

I really hope Mayweather and Pacman get it on at a catchweight soon, preferably before the year is out.

Millions will be made available for both fighters to make it happen and I'm sure it's what the fans want as well...
        Last edited by phillai; 03-05-2009, 11:37.

Comment

You know what this fight reminded me a little of. That old fight with Hearns and Hagler where they went hell for leather for the opening 3 rounds where Hearns was knocked out.

Hatton if he decides to carry on, which i will be very surprised should ditch Mayweather as his trainer because if this mornings fight is anything to go by, i don't see what changes he has made to Rickys style.

Where was the new technique, the movement, the all new style that he had apparently been working on to combat pacman. It was the same old Hatton that everyone feared would turn up. Just robotic straight lines with his head forward doing the same thing as he always does leaving himself wide open and really just emphasising the massive gulf in class between the two fighters.

After watching the fight i would be hard pressed to think that even Mayweather Jnr would give the pacman a run for his money. At this moment in time with his strength and unbelievable speed there is no one to live with him at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
            After watching the fight i would be hard pressed to think that even Mayweather Jnr would give the pacman a run for his money. At this moment in time with his strength and unbelievable speed there is no one to live with him at that weight.
            I wouldn't go that far. Mayweather is so slick with his defence. I think it would be one of the most anticipated fights in recent history but I'm not entirely sure of the outcome. Manny certainly is a bruiser and an amazing fighter who has improved his boxing skill, but Mayweather's boxing prowess is unsurpassed in this era.

Also, in terms of a one sided bout similar to last nights in recent times? It has to be Haye vs Maccarinelli.

Comment

Spot on Adrock, Pacquiao vs Mayweather would a superb fight and something I hope we see soon.

Comment

You know, I didn't watch the fight but did Pacquiao even check up on Hatton to see if he was alive!?

He was cheering around the ring for a good five minutes while Hatton was still on the floor. My gut insist would be to see if he is alright as soon as possible but Pacquiao didn't even go near Hatton.

Could somebody care to shead some light on this matter?

Comment

That froch vs taylor is what a boxing match should be, flipping awesome (and not over in 2 rounds when youve paid to view it)

Comment

I guess a lot of us here have lost count the amount of times we have paid to watch a PPV and its all over so quick. On the other hand..we've had some cracking fights too. Swings and roundabouts. Hatton did look very hurt when he was down.

Comment

Hatton was well out of it yes. Reminded me of a UFC kick/knee type knockout the way he went down.

Yep had my fingers burnt with PPV, American airing times also put me off greatly (having kids etc etc). Always Youtube fights the next morning now, OK not quite the quality, but it's a tenner (or whatever it is) saved.

Comment

I just stream them everytime, always get a great picture! Would never do PPv unless I had loads of mates round chipping in.

I think thats the last fight I will stay up for though, just far to late. Not worth feeling tired the next day for.

Comment

Gutted the Khan title fight has been postponed and moved, had myself a couple of free tickets lined up for the 02. Typical, I am jinxed

Comment

read an interesting take on the Haye fight cancellation, apparently he asked Setanta for his fee upfront as they were the only party in the deal paying him, they refused and he walked.

shame about missing out on the Khan freebies, have to say myself though if he was fighting on my balcony I'd draw the blinds.

Comment

There's going to be a major round robin style tournament in the Super Middlweight Division with some of the best fighters at the weight. The only world champion from here Carl Froch is involved and if he can win this it'd be a huge achievement considering the strength of competition involved.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

All this talk of short matches is why everyone should just watch pro wrestling instead - guaranteed 2.5 hours of action!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X