Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first girlfriend ran off with my best mate. I've never stopped missing him.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
      My first girlfriend ran off with my best mate. I've never stopped missing him.

The age old adage - mates are for life girlfriends are transient (thats a rephrase and not a good one...)

Comment

i am still expecting someone to say "i am still with my girlfriend of 3 years sob"

Comment

It'll be my twelth wedding anniversary in August. Same wife too.

Comment

I'm on for 4 years as of this August

Still don't want to move in with her though.

Comment

we've been together 6 years in october and are (fingers crossed) about to complete on our new flat in three weeks time

Comment

I had a relationship once. I didn't like it after a few weeks. I haven't had another.

I can't help but think I've been ten times happier than most people I know, largely due to this. I will be 100% honest when I say I'm not sure why people pursue them.
                Last edited by Lyris; 05-07-2007, 01:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                  I had a relationship once. I didn't like it after a few weeks. I haven't had another.

I can't help but think I've been ten times happier than most people I know, largely due to this. I will be 100% honest when I say I'm not sure why people pursue them.
                  I equally wonder how you can't. For me it is an instinctive requirement. My wife and, we cling to each other for support, each our other's rock and protector. I have known lots of people throughout my life, none I have known how I know my wife. I am not religious yet I am deeply spiritual and I choose to believe that there is something out there that has understanding of it all. For all the beauty in the world, each and every sunset, nothing surpasses the feeling I have when I look quietly at my wife. It's funny how the world about you can stop and go quiet when something so captures you.
                  Last edited by iloveannie; 05-07-2007, 08:28. Reason: See below post ;)

Comment

I have known lots of people throughout my life, none I have known like my wife.

Why whats wrong with her?

No seroiously though, its horses for courses, different people different needs and so on to quote a Brentism.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
                      Why whats wrong with her?

No seroiously though, its horses for courses, different people different needs and so on to quote a Brentism.
                      Lager, lager, cider?

Comment

my wife and i reach the magical 10 years married this September

we have been together 12 years

Comment

I equally wonder how you can't. For me it is an instinctive requirement. My wife and, we cling to each other for support, each our other's rock and protector. I have known lots of people throughout my life, none I have known how I know my wife. I am not religious yet I am deeply spiritual and I choose to believe that there is something out there that has understanding of it all. For all the beauty in the world, each and every sunset, nothing surpasses the feeling I have when I look quietly at my wife. It's funny how the world about you can stop and go quiet when something so captures you.
                          That's fair enough if you've got a good chance of finding someone you're not going to want to kill after 10 minutes. I'm with Lyris on being happy without, although have had more than one relationship in the past.

I just can't be arsed with the blag, and having to talk/act bollocks to please.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                            I just can't be arsed with the blag, and having to talk/act bollocks to please.
                            Then don't. Otherwise, you'll attact people you don't like. Common sense ftw.

Comment

Welrain was asking what became of the broken hearted? Id have to say it worked out brilliant for me once over the initail shock and heartache. Gave me a whole new lease of life and turned me into the legendary lethario i am todaylol! That said ive been single now for over a year (time flys) and am thinking about taking the plunge again, so please stop marrying all the good ones you basts

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Then don't. Otherwise, you'll attact people you don't like. Common sense ftw.
                                I don't, but so many of my friends do and it just digs themselves holes.

I speak the truth to women, which is why I've been single for so long. That and the fact that my town is **** for pulling.

Comment

Working...
                                X