Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The missus better have put out after a fantastic meal like that, hell i'll go gay if it means i get that meal

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      The missus better have put out after a fantastic meal like that, hell i'll go gay if it means i get that meal
      Thanks buddy and you know I do find a man with a good beard alluring

Comment

LOOL, food so good it turns people gay for it.

Comment

I keep meaning to say in here that I can't cook for toffee. I think you make toffee by mixing tea and coffee.

However, although I'll never be at Evil the Cat-levels of chefery, I've been really impressed with the Abel & Cole recipe boxes.

They give you all the ingredients you need for each meal and a step-by-step recipe to follow.

It's not the cheapest way to eat, but it's about ?7-?12 per head when cooking for two, plus we do a lot less grocery shopping each week.

Supperbly Simple Recipe Box examples:
          French Farmer?s Pie
          Moroccan Beef Skewers with Roast Veg Couscous
          Chicken Soup For The Soul

Chicken & Fig Tagine
          Thai Red Pork Curry
          Mediterranean Fish & Chips

Fantastically Foodie Recipe Box examples:
          Tandoori Pigeon Skewers with Carrot & Mint Salad
          Upside Down Chicken & Aubergine Bulgar Wheat
          Greek Fisherman?s Stew & Flatbreads

Cumin Chicken Wings With Griddled Aubergine & Chilli Salsa
          Pork & Apple Brochettes
          Steak Frites with Chervil Sauce

I'm not on commission or anything, I just know I like eating some unusual dishes and being able to cook them myself!

Comment

Pancake day

mine were chestnut this year and served with skin on chicken thighs and smoked bacon, butter and maple syrup

Comment

Trying to be healthy at the mo

rice noodles with a sesame dressing and heavily spiced chicken breast with scattered spring onion

Today's breakfat

Avocado, chorizo and egg on a slice of bread with toms and shrooms with a balsamic glaze (from sainsburys )

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I keep meaning to say in here that I can't cook for toffee. I think you make toffee by mixing tea and coffee.

However, although I'll never be at Evil the Cat-levels of chefery, I've been really impressed with the Abel & Cole recipe boxes.

They give you all the ingredients you need for each meal and a step-by-step recipe to follow.

It's not the cheapest way to eat, but it's about ?7-?12 per head when cooking for two, plus we do a lot less grocery shopping each week.

Supperbly Simple Recipe Box examples:
                French Farmer’s Pie
                Moroccan Beef Skewers with Roast Veg Couscous
                Chicken Soup For The Soul

Chicken & Fig Tagine
                Thai Red Pork Curry
                Mediterranean Fish & Chips

Fantastically Foodie Recipe Box examples:
                Tandoori Pigeon Skewers with Carrot & Mint Salad
                Upside Down Chicken & Aubergine Bulgar Wheat
                Greek Fisherman’s Stew & Flatbreads

Cumin Chicken Wings With Griddled Aubergine & Chilli Salsa
                Pork & Apple Brochettes
                Steak Frites with Chervil Sauce

I'm not on commission or anything, I just know I like eating some unusual dishes and being able to cook them myself!

http://www.abelandcole.co.uk

Hang on, I just read this! Are you paying ?7-12 a head as in ?15-24 a meal like ?140 a week for a food box, and it's not even organic you could have fillet steak every meal for that and still have money left over, I just bought 3 sirloin steaks and sausages at my butchers and it was less than ?20

just buy the Nigel Slater "Eat" book

similar types of receipes and although you will have to go to the shop for them I would be surprised if the same meals are more than ?3 a head

having said ?140 is what one decent meal out so if it works for you
                Last edited by ETC; 15-03-2015, 10:42.

Comment

Sorry if I was misleading. It's all organic ingredients, high welfare meat and it's ?6 per head per meal.

Having all the ingredients, step-by-step recipes and a real variety in meals makes it worth doing for us.

Comment

Tasty Brunch.

Kale, smooshed half a jacket spud with fried egg and chorizo

Comment

Breakfast for dinner nom!

beef sausages, black pudding, bacons, beans, egg, potato, toms and mushrooms

Comment

New cookery toy GET!

Instant Pot pressure cooker

apparently this does a chilli from scratch in 20 mins

guess I find out in 10 mins if it does or if it's an expensive slow cooker

Comment

Success!

15 minute chilli

Comment

"InstantPot" may disappoint some people...

Comment

Breakfast scramble.
                              3 eggs, half a tomato, chopped peppers, mushrooms, a turkey sausage and seasoned with garlic and chilli powder.

Comment

No photos, unfortunately, but Sunday night we made spinach and chicken curry with chappatis. I need to make those more regularly. Every batch is like a 'history of' with each chappati getting better in succession, so the bottom chappati is always rock-hard and the top one is always lovely and soft! I especially like leftovers which I warm up in the morning with jam. Like the Guile theme, they go with everything.

She did the curry. It was delicious.

Comment

Working...
                                X