Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfort food for me tonight.

spaghetti, peas and beans with homemade sauce (toms, garlic, chilli flakes and Nduja) with mozzarella, Parmesan and a ton of evoo

Comment

I forgot to take photos. I was a bit.........er..........on the drunk side.

Comment

Damn tha BBQ looked great, pleased that you got some sun to go with it. ETC cooking up a storm as well, that pasta looks to die for.

Comment

One for ETC. Pulled pork, cooked outside all day in the smoker with applewood chips for extra flavour.

Belly. Hurts. But oh so tasty.........

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            One for ETC. Pulled pork, cooked outside all day in the smoker with applewood chips for extra flavour.

Belly. Hurts. But oh so tasty.........

looks great mate, I am very jealous as I'm stuck in food purgatory at the minute. Im doing a Whole 30, bloody sucks too

(http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/) - in case you wondered what the hell it was

Should be done just in time to try my new BBQ/Garden in July, your bloody pictures have cost me a fortune. Decided it was time to have a nice garden so, rotivating, turfing, a bbq and a 6ft high fence but hopefully it will be worth it when i cook half a cow in the garden
            Last edited by ETC; 17-06-2015, 17:44.

Comment

This was my dinner.

Roasted tomato and butternut squash curry with cauliflower rice and coconut cream drizzle. Tasty but all I want is A bowl of pasta

Comment

Some of the fallout from my recent surgery and the fact i have been diagnosed with IBS means i now have to try and eat healthily to help control the symptoms. Returning to work and lunchtimes is going to be a problem as i don't think manky sandwiches or constant pot noodles is going to do me much good.

Decided to kickstart my bento thing again seeing as i have most of the equipment as it will force me to make more of an effort to eat healthily plus bonus points for been fun making new stuff again, spent the morning so far making tsukemono pickles got a few ideas for the rest of it. One side dish complete the rest i will do tomorrow, lol no pikachu character lunch or other characters in there, although the urge to make some octopus hotdogs is pretty strong

[edit] pickles all done, these ones are ginger radish & cucumber. Helps with digestion and because they are salty + sweet & sour they go great with rice. They don't keep long but i only need this amount for a few days worth of lunches.
                Last edited by importaku; 20-06-2015, 12:45.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Some of the fallout from my recent surgery and the fact i have been diagnosed with IBS means i now have to try and eat healthily to help control the symptoms. Returning to work and lunchtimes is going to be a problem as i don't think manky sandwiches or constant pot noodles is going to do me much good.

Decided to kickstart my bento thing again seeing as i have most of the equipment as it will force me to make more of an effort to eat healthily plus bonus points for been fun making new stuff again, spent the morning so far making tsukemono pickles got a few ideas for the rest of it. One side dish complete the rest i will do tomorrow, lol no pikachu character lunch or other characters in there, although the urge to make some octopus hotdogs is pretty strong

[edit] pickles all done, these ones are ginger radish & cucumber. Helps with digestion and because they are salty + sweet & sour they go great with rice. They don't keep long but i only need this amount for a few days worth of lunches.
                  easy on the rice with ibs to mate (I have it too )

i ditched the whole 30, hated it got
                  to 12 days before I fell off the wagon hence

I ground a steak to make this - I used a bistro steak. pepper jack with jalape?os radish, toms, cos in a brioche bun with paprika sweet potato fries and macho peas

missus is still being good so I changed the cheese and bun out and made hers in a portobello mushroom bun (2 mushrooms roasted) and avocado

Last edited by ETC; 20-06-2015, 17:53.

Comment

That's a more manly sized burger. I read about your thirty day thing, too many rules for me. Is it just to lose weight? I did the 5:2 and have dropped three and a half stone, still eating like a horse on the five non diet days!!

What are you pickling your ingredients in Importaku?

Comment

That's a more manly sized burger. I read about your thirty day thing, too many rules for me. Is it just to lose weight? I did the 5:2 and have dropped three and a half stone, still eating like a horse on the five non diet days!!

What are you pickling your ingredients in Importaku?
                      No mate it was elimination for me, i have already lost quite a bit of weight just eating well (5-6ish stone a while back) I have ibs and hyperacidity (not like reflux I make too much acid) but I found that some of the core things in the elimination were my triggers like too much avocado and coconut which left me quite scuppered so just went back to my usual which is pretty much just reading labels having less crap and buying the best quality and freshest I can afford.

Comment

Ah, right. Bit of a pain for someone who loves his grub as much as you do.

Comment

Ah, right. Bit of a pain for someone who loves his grub as much as you do.
                          It's not too bad mate, it's pretty much under control until I go a bit bat**** on the booze and rich food the 12 days was enough of a reset so it's not all bad

Comment

Yeah carbs won't help me much but i don't think i'll be able to totally give them up that easy, as a lot of the stuff i eat contains either rice or pasta. Will just have to cut back a bit, alternate with other things, i can live with some flare ups.

As for the pickles i used rice vinegar and sugar, i chopped the ginger/cucumber/radish really fine then added a tablespoon of salt and left for 30 mins to pull out all the mositure. Squeezed out all the liquid the brought 120ml of vinegar & 3 tablespoons of sugar to the boil in a pan then poured it on the strained veg, will keep for a few days and the flavour improves after a day or so as the sweet vinegar seeps in.

Think tomorrow is impatient pickles lol love that they call them that, just sugar salt and a half teaspoon of english mustard in a ziplock bag. Pop whole cucumbers in and massage it all over those cucumbers. Squeeze out all the air in bag and put in fridge, in about 2 days you get some nicely pickled cucumbers which you can then slice for a pickle fix, from what i have been reading the flavour gets better the longer you leave it but you can only keep those for a max of 5 days.

Comment

Here's a place I found in Kingston-upon-Thames that fuses retro gaming and food. Pretty cool!

Not Found - The URL you requested could not be found.

Comment

How the average Japanese person makes one of these in 20 mins is beyond me lol, took me an hour and a half but i was super unorganised i'm hoping as i go along to start getting better with timing and portion cooking times.

My first attempt at a proper balanced bento, seasoned sushi rice and teriyaki chicken in one half. Tamagoyaki, green beans and home made pickles in the other with some cherry tomatoes squeezed in. The only wacky thing in there are the toothpicks that look like stems so you can turn cherry tomatoes into fruits hehe.

Need to think up more recipes, although theres a good book on Amazon i might pick up as it has lots of good stuff in it for recipe ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X