Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did this for my daughter the other day, best nuggets EVER.

Toast a couple of slices of bread then whizz in a food processor to make breadcrumbs. Get some plain flour, season well with salt and pepper (you could add other flavourings at this point ala Colonel Sanders), whisk an egg.

Chop some chicken breasts into bite sized chunks, roll in the seasoned flour, dip in the egg and then coat with breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven (200c) for about 20 minutes.

Sounds too simple? I thought that but these taste fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
      then whizz in a food processor
      I have to leave this thread now

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
        Tradition says I should have Haggis tonight.
        Ditto. But I think i am having cold meat, bread and some form hearty ale...

Comment

aghh--- what is for tea tonight, that brings back an advert flash back from my youth! oops - the power of the internet!

singing in the back of a van , builders or something :

Will it be chips, or jacket spuds? Will it be salad or frozen peas? Will it be mushrooms? Fried onion rings? You'll have to wait and see, Hope it's chips, it's chips, We HOPE it's chips, it's chips....

anyways, curry for tea tonight. Chicken Bharta - lovely.
          Last edited by DCharlie; 25-01-2007, 11:44.

Comment

Did my first stir-fry the other day. Used a sauce but did all the veggies myself.

I stopped buying Italian and Indian sauces a while ago but have only just starting using a wok. So, what's an easy way to replicate a nice chinese sauce?

Comment

Will it be chips or jacket spuds,
              Will it be salad or fro-o-zen peas?
              Will it be mushrooms?
              Fried onion rings?
              You'll have to wait and see!
              Steakhouse Grill?
              Hope it's chips, it's chips
              We ho-o-pe it's chips, it's chips.

Any good?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

nice! thanks

Comment

Chicken Salad for me tonight

Starting back at the gym this weekend so I've started back on my Chicken/Fish diet & I'm out of Rice till I go shopping tomorrow so Salad it is.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
                    Did my first stir-fry the other day. Used a sauce but did all the veggies myself.

I stopped buying Italian and Indian sauces a while ago but have only just starting using a wok. So, what's an easy way to replicate a nice chinese sauce?
                    Get yourself to your local Chinese supermarket and get a load of staples

- Rice wine (you can use dry sherry but it's nowhere near as good)
                    - White rice vinegar
                    - Light soy
                    - Dark soy
                    - Chilli oil
                    - Seasame oil
                    - Black beans
                    - Oyster sauce

I buy the jars of paste

- yellow bean sauce
                    - chilli bean
                    - satay
                    - plum sauce
                    - char sui sauce

Nearly all chinese sauces start off with oil then a mixture of garlic, spring onion and ginger. Any combinations of these are a good start. This flavours the oil.

Combinations of the above mixtures, either on their own for a drier mix or with chicken stock for a wetter mix, will make a tasty meal out of quite bland ingredients you will have lying around in your fridge.

I'd recommend you get a Ken Hom cookbook, really authentic type dishes that always work out well. Easy too. His books usually have details of which brands to buy (ie don't get Sharwoods etc, total muck)

Comment

Oyster Sauce FTW!!

I hate seafood but that stuff is like the most genius ingredient ever for rice.

Comment

Home-made chicken (and vegetable) pie!

With carrots, aubergine, courgette, onion, errr and yet more veg. Oh, and enormous chunks of chick'n breast meat mniam!

Comment

It's burns day so everybody should be having Haggis, Neeps & Tatties for dinner

If anybody wants to make their own you can get a recipe here :

http://www.edzell.org/arch%20images/Haggis%20Recipe.jpg

Me I'm out for a curry at the best curry house in the UK - I'll be checking to see if they have any haggis pakora but the place is halal only and I doubt that's possible !!!

Comment

Haggis Pakora. LMFAO.

Comment

Weight Watchers Chicken Tikka Masla ready meal
                              Boiled Potatoes
                              Salad

I'm trying to lose some excess Christmas blubber

Comment

Homemade Spag Bol that's been cooked slowly for about 6/7 hrs now...dee-bloody-licious! Accompanied by some taglietelle and a nice bottle of red.

Christ I'm hungry...

Comment

Working...
                                X