Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
    As I said to Koops earlier: I stuffed an orange up a ducks bum then pricked it all over.
    Nice alibi there mate, but I know what you really meant

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Mmm Aberdeen angus & potato korokke, went a bit decadent & added double extra thick jersey cream to the mash, crispy to perfection & fluffy on the inside.

I really should try to cook more non Japanese stuff but i find Japanese cooking fun to do & always like the taste so i tend to stick to it.
      What is karroke Importaku ..?

Comment

Looks nice whatever it is

Oh, I notice I have the same frying pan as evilthecat. Damn good one that!

Comment

Korokke is a dish Japan borrowed from another country & changed it to suit themselves, they are basically potato croquettes (croquettes = korokke). Japan has tons of the things with various fillings.

You take minced beef & onion & fry them in a pan, add sugar & soy sauce & a bayleaf then fry for a few more mins. Then boil potatos & mash them & add some cream and the minced then roll into balls, add breadcrumbs & deep fry till golden.

Comment

Yer Frying pan bro's

Had stuff to use so a new combo today (just a light sandwich)

Gents (and ladies) I give you

The PLT

Pastrami, lettuce, tomato and jack cheese on toasted bread

Comment

Move over BLT all hail the PLT, experimenting is always great you find some great combinations by mixing it up.

Comment

Well tonights tea is mac n' cheese from scratch, i have never made it myself but i love the stuff. Thankfully the recipe was on the macaroni pack but it's the cookertop method which is not as nice as you get no crispy crust so i have put mine in a baking dish & it's going into the oven, sainsburys recipe be damned hehe.

Never made white sauce before but it actually worked i was amazed i deviated from the recipe by adding sliced tomatoes to the top layer & then made some cheesy breadcrumbs to sprinkle on top, just in case there wasn't enough cheese lol, i'll add a pic later as pics always make it fun.
                Last edited by importaku; 20-05-2012, 14:59.

Comment

Aaaand the finished dish, it was tasty & really REALLY filling, could only eat 2 big servings but least thats tomorrows packed lunch sorted hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Aaaand the finished dish, it was tasty & really REALLY filling, could only eat 2 big servings but least thats tomorrows packed lunch sorted hehe.
                    Looks good

My leftover usage continues

Simple Fusili pasta with green beans pesto and jalape?os with a shaving of Parmesan

Comment

Good going guys - reading this thread makes me mega hungry. Top culinary creations.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                        Simple Fusili pasta with green beans pesto and jalape?os with a shaving of Parmesan
                        #

jalape?os...on pasta.....with pesto?!
                        WTF

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          #

jalape?os...on pasta.....with pesto?!
                          WTF
                          It works, it shouldn't but the acidity cuts straight through the pesto and cheese, try it

Comment

English Onion Soup with Cheese on toast bits

Tasty

Comment

Stir fry again for me, chicken with rice. Knew i'd be at work until late tonight, so it was nice to come in and have dinner made in ten minutes as I prepped everything and threw it in the fridge last night.

Comment

Two tasty teas there, busy tonight so just some M&S slop for me. Did manage to marinade some chicken for tomorrow though. Jerk chicken and salad. Going to be super spicy.

Comment

Working...
                                X