Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a mexican hot dominos pizza

Comment

mince and tatties. it was braw!

Comment

i had chicken dippers.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
          Massive fan of homemade soup, I made French Onion last week complete with giant cheesy croutons.
          I have made chilli tonight, two to be precise. One tasty meaty one for me and veg mince affair for our lass. Not sure if it will be that or pizza for tea tonight though.
          We use Quorn mince for our chilli's. I'm quite particular about what enters my gob (funny 'cause I don't give much thought to what leaves it (read my other posts)) but Quorn mince has a very similar texture to meat and one oxo cube later and it's ok. It's a lot less calories too. The odd meat chilli is nice too but I tend to make them really hot. The main thing for me is the use of Scotch Bonnet chillies. They seem drier but with a more distinct taste than Birds Eye. More robust somehow.

Comment

Made a proper spag bog last night with mince from the butchers, red wine, 6 herbs and loads of garlic.

Home made garlic bread too. It's the future.

Will be eating that again tonight.

Comment

off to m&s to buy something for tea

Comment

Originally posted by wicky View Post
                off to m&s to buy something for tea
                Although I'm not keen on processed food (methods, ideals and quality) I do like M&S oven chips. And their fish fingers are the best! Their Eve's pudding, jam rolypoly and spotted dick is yummy too. Quick and tasty

Comment

I am going to attempt to make Butternut Squash soup tonight. If I screw it up then I have a pizza in the freezer.

I made a nice pork dinner for the wife last night.

Two pork steaks cooked in the pan, when they were done I kept them warm in the oven

Stick a chopped onion and some chopped mushrooms in, when they are browned and soft add some Creme Fraiche, Wholegrain Mustard and Taragon. Stir it round and stick the pork back in. I served it with some steamed spinnach.

It only took around 20 mins.

Comment

Got a Ciabatta bread roll and a couple of Capt BirdsEye fish fingers knocking about so will have them when I get in with a bit of salad. Two more days till payday

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                      Got a Ciabatta bread roll and a couple of Capt BirdsEye fish fingers knocking about so will have them when I get in with a bit of salad. Two more days till payday
                      Little bit o' tartare sauce and you've got a winner there

Comment

having second helping of my soup tonight because it rocked the bells so hard. I would urge you to try it, here is my recipe that I tweaked from one off the food channel on the telly. Get cooking, it is proper nice:

2 large onions
                        1 leek
                        2 cloves garlic
                        half pack butter
                        6 tablespoon plain flour
                        2 blades of mace
                        tablespoon mixed peppercorns
                        2 bayleaves
                        ½ teaspoon nutmeg
                        Maldon sea salt
                        ¾ pint full fat milk
                        1 pint good chicken stock
                        1 glass white wine
                        crumbled stilton (about half a small wedge or to taste)

1) Chop the onion, leek and garlic as small as you possibly can, and fry them very slowly using all the butter until they soften but don’t brown them.
                        2) Meanwhile, add the mace, nutmeg, bay, peppercorns and salt to the milk and heat over a very low heat, warming it through but not boiling it, to infuse the milk with the ingredients
                        3) Once the onions are done, add the wine and simmer off the alcohol fumes, then add the flour and stir through. Be careful not to burn it or allow anything to stick to the pan.
                        4) Using a sieve or similar, strain the milk infusion into the pan, and then add the stock. Give it a good mix and then simmer on a low heat until the soup has reduced in the pan by a good two or three inches.
                        5) Prior to dishing it up, add the stilton and allow to melt through. Do not add the stilton if the soup is boiling, as it will go stringy and affect the consistency.
                        6) Serve with croutons which are made by cubing some nice crusty bread, drizzling with plenty of olive oil, sea salt, pepper and some grated parmesan, and banging in the oven on a high heat until crispy.

Comment

Monday night means it's 'flatmate cooking' night so I get a lovely prepared meal for nothing as it's not my turn. I saw a lush looking, home-made peach and raisin crumble in the kitchen. Mmmmhmm.

Comment

i have a bunch of ingredients i could cook something up with, but i'll probably be lazy and just go for a pizza or something.

Comment

FIsh fingers, waffles and beans.

Comment

Birdseye Potato Waffles? Their a waffley versatile, or so I've heard...

Comment

Working...
                                X