Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-op crushed chillies are one of my favourite ingredients! Lash them on everything!

Comment

Been lurking in this thread for a while without posting anything, so thought I better add in some recent dinners.

Morcilla (Spanish blood sausage), Potato Cakes, Poached Egg, Lettuce + Parsley & Oil Dressing. Would cook Potato Cakes in a separate pan if I did it again; the blood coming out of the Morcilla made them a little soggy!

Chorizo roll with Chimichurri

Tuna Nicoise Salad

Swordfish, Mashed Potatos, Lettuce + a Lemon & Parsley dressing. Wine was a bit sweet - a trait of Andalucian whites it seems

Chicken, Chorizo, Potato and Red Onion chucked in the oven + rocket salad on side

Figs were abundant here a month or so ago, so put them to good use here. Figs wrapped in Serrano Ham with Mozzarella, Basil and a honey dressing
      Last edited by On The Edge of Insanity; 28-09-2012, 22:14.

Comment

^ wow some great stuff

Epic sandwich upcoming

I call it the Adam Richman (from Man V Food)

14hr slow cooked Brisket in an overnight marinated sweet BBQ rub
        Soft White Bap
        Deli Coleslaw

Bun dipped in the au jus (cooking liquor)

Nom...

Comment

I've bought a pumpkin to hollow out and use for pumpkin chilli with roasted pumpkin seeds.

I tried this before and it ended up very watery, anyone got a good recipe recommendation for doing it?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post

Epic sandwich upcoming

Epic indeed! That looks amazing!

In a similar vein, there is a sandwich here in Sevilla called Pringa Montadito, which is pork and morcilla slow cooked in pork fat until the meat is nice and tender. Delicious
            Attached Files

Comment

Chopmon - roast off the pumpkin like you would a butternut squash first? Alternatively I can send you a pm with a modified vegan chili for your pumpkin if you want

OTEOI - I may just have to book a holiday to Sevilla for some of that porky pork bun

Comment

I made a veggie chilli last week. I was a bit dubious about it beforehand but it was actually lush. Super tasty it was. Put sweet potato in it which was nice.

Comment

Those sandwiches look amazing. Wa going to make chicken katsu curry tonight but I have run out of energy.

Comment

Darth Maul inspired birthday cake for my son.

Comment

Builders and decorators are ripping my house to bits at the mo but got my kitchen back at 5.45, my first meal a fillet beef edamame bean stir fry with 7 spice powder delish

Comment

Great stuff, I have neglected this thread lately but I am getting a new cooker the week after so will be all over it like a cheap suit. Off to Cornwall next week and plan to eat my body weight in seafood and drink gallons of scrumpy.

Comment

Made a batch of 48 Gyozas. I ate 10 in the first sitting.

Last edited by megatron; 25-10-2012, 15:48.

Comment

Homemade butternut squash soup with chllies
                            Last edited by ETC; 25-10-2012, 22:49.

Comment

Originally posted by megatron View Post
                              Made a batch of 48 Gyozas. I ate 10 in the first sitting.

Wowzas!

I love gyozas and always take some down along with some chilli squid when I'm at Wagamamas.

They look great. What's in them?

Evil the cat: I'm glad I'm not competing against you on Come Dine With Me!

Comment

Aww thanks chimpy I'm getting a professional grade splashback at the weekend so I can finally cook without the possibility of torching the back wall

Comment

Working...
                                X