Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All new food thread - recipes, pics and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ looks good Colin.. Missing Bacons though

what diet you doing? Paleo?

Comment

Oh there's been plenty of bacon this week. Christ knows what the diet is, girlfriend read the book and just lets me know what I can/can't eat. (I'm too lazy to read it myself)

Comment

I bet your no.2's smell like roadkill though.

Comment

I did the atkins diet about 5 years ago lol, ended up stopping after going through dizzy spells and suffering severe head aches.

That first bite into a french stick was heaven when it ended!!!

Comment

Tasty something new Cocido Michoacano

compellingly weird

Comment

You do love your Mexican flavours.

Had a result tonight, very tired and was browsing the take away menus, but I dug deep and dragged myself to the shops. Made a quality sandwich. Slightly toasted baguette, topped with mayo that was mixed with finely chopped spring onion, crushed garlic, chilli sauce, bit of ketchup and seasoning, then some softened onions, crunchy lettuce and then chicken breast marinated in lemon, fresh thyme, sweet smoked paprika, sumac and garlic (this was dry fried until charred and tasty), topped it with more of the mayo and dug in. Proper manwhich.

Comment

Jesus that sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                  You do love your Mexican flavours.

Had a result tonight, very tired and was browsing the take away menus, but I dug deep and dragged myself to the shops. Made a quality sandwich. Slightly toasted baguette, topped with mayo that was mixed with finely chopped spring onion, crushed garlic, chilli sauce, bit of ketchup and seasoning, then some softened onions, crunchy lettuce and then chicken breast marinated in lemon, fresh thyme, sweet smoked paprika, sumac and garlic (this was dry fried until charred and tasty), topped it with more of the mayo and dug in. Proper manwhich.
                  I wish you would post more pics Kieran and oh yes love the Mexican food. Spicy, incredible flavours and lower calorie than most completely addicted at the minute had a Mexican stew again tonigh, last of my Anaheims and jalape?os though still bash the chipotle powder in its all good

Comment

I would post more photos but I only think about it after I have started scoffing my fat face. Not quite Mexico but Chile is the place I want to go for my next food trip.
                    Do like Negro Modello as a decent beer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                      I would post more photos but I only think about it after I have started scoffing my fat face. Not quite Mexico but Chile is the place I want to go for my next food trip.
                      Do like Negro Modello as a decent beer though.
                      Interesting. I'm not a big fan of modello had some last time I ate at wahacha thought it was only alright bit too rich for me

Comment

Anyone going to post pics of the Xmas dinner...well anyone except me???

Comment

I will try for boxing day photos as I am doing that meal. I wasn't expecting to, but was heavily pressured by the inlaws.
                          Here is my menu.

Curried Carrot Soup (only because I accidently bought too many carrots)

Spanish slow cooked leg of lamb
                          Roast potatoes and peppers
                          Cavalo Nero with garlic and herb Butter

Panettone Bread Pudding with whiskey sauce.

It's a winner of a menu as it to the untrained eye it looks a lot more complicated than it is, thus I miss the slow boxing day walk and get to stay at home cooking, drinking and listening the football on the radio. The spanish style lamb is a rub of fennel seeds and hot spanish paprika, fresh thyme and garlic. I will also throw in some white wine during its 4 hour slow cook.

I will also be helping my mum on the big day itself.

What is everyone else feasting on?

Comment

That sounds epic I'm having

homemade chili beef empanadas and jalape?o poppers

24 hr marinated paprika brisket cooked for 24 hr with fresh baked ciabatta and coleslaw
                            Posh salad
                            corn on the Cobb
                            sweet potato fries

tarte au citron
                            mango sorbet

Comment

Apart from the sweet potato that sounds right up my street. Love brisket and am thinking of doing something similar for New Years Day. Deffo need photos.

Comment

Okie dokie so the 24hr Marinade is done. It's now in the slow cooker

Can't wait

Comment

Working...
                                X