No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the contrast between the blocky bits and the high-res flare and smoke. It's like a retro-styled HD update

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
      Named after a couple of dudes
      Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      They must love you for representing them as icky parasites!
      Wouldnt be the 1st time I've been called that .

I love it Fader mate, & am honoured to be named after an exotic australian insect

Comment

I've only just started looking at this thread and well,.......wow!

Some of the stuff in here is really great, Dogg Thang the pixel art you are currently creating is truly great!

Keep it up guys.

Comment

Sweet

Mother

Of

Pearl!

That's AMAZING!

Thanks so much for doing that for me, it's brilliant! The mix of olde-skool pixels and modern smoke effects are brilliant and I'm really glad his eyes are glowing like in a couple of scenes in the film.

I also like how he's in a gorilla pose as most figures are upright.

I'm constantly trawling the web for Mechani Kong pictures and I've looked for pixel art versions and I can say you've made the best one I've seen!

If you haven't done already, I suggest you get these "doodles" on a website along with some tutorials as to how you've done them as I'm sure that they'd get you a lot of interest.

Seriously, thanks again for this as it's astounding!

Comment

Really glad you like it. I wished the pose was stronger to be honest. I think part of me was concerned with just getting to know what he looked like and I missed getting it looking strong a bit. But, yes, I did want to get a hint more gorilla in there and ended up making his arms bigger than the actual reference so I'm really glad you like that aspect!

Very happy that you like it and thanks for the kind words!

Comment

My pleasure! I've liked your work from when you first posted your SD zombie celebrities!

I love this thread and I'm gutted some of the earlier posters don't seem to be around any more.

I also enjoy seeing you guys just trying different things out and sharing them with us.

Some of my fave posters have been you, Dogg Thang, and crocky-choccy, EvilBoris, billy and redstar_dan.

However, Adam Stone can get lost! How can one man be so beautiful, draw so well, spin a stick that fast and be such a lovely person? You're putting the rest of us to shame!

Comment

It's true. Sometimes I think Adam Stone is skynet trolling us from the future with some AI thingy

Comment

Dogg Thang is a very talented man as is AdzStone.

This thread has inspired me to do something, but I don't know what to do.

Comment

One more...

Comment

Yeah so I'm just spamming the thread at this point but where else am I going to post them?

Comment

Hopefully somewhere where someone will go "right, we're gonna turn these into XBLA games" and then turn them into XBLA games

Comment

Thanks Billy. That would rock. Would love to do a roguelike or old fashioned platforming adventure game or something. You never know! Some day I might see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            One more...

Love this Jay. If I was a bachelor I'd commission a poster of it for my study.

Comment

^^ My fave bit in that is the dog looking back instead of just ahead. Considering the overall scale, a teeny tiny detail like that is great.

Comment

If anyone needs some tips on working with colour, check out this handy video from my two girls:

Comment

Working...
                                X