No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, I'm sorry. I'm the worst pixel art superhero ever.

Comment

This is as close as I got without manually drawing in lost details, which is certainly how they have done it and would have done it in the good old days.

Comment

Here's one I tried. No manual drawing, 12 colours. Might be better even going lower, maybe 8 colours and then touching it up manually.

Comment

Those are both great!

How did you do them?

Comment

I did mine the way I explained on the previous page. Just shrunk it down, changed it to indexed colour at 12 colours and then I embiggened it again.

By the way, there is an iPhone app called Retrospecs that is great at this stuff too. You can select a whole bunch of systems to emulate in how it pixelates - Megadrive, Mac, Spectrum and so on.

Game Boy version from Retrospecs...

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 06-05-2015, 20:44.

Comment

Found this on imgur, beautiful

Comment

Been a while but here's a new one. Part of a collaboration I'm (very slowly) working on...

Comment

Shotgun guy

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Been a while but here's a new one. Part of a collaboration I'm (very slowly) working on...

Comment

Ha! Nice gif, and I appreciate the sentiment.

Comment

If i had the skills i'd have pixellated him as it would make a good gif to post each time you do some new work hehe.

Seriously these would look great in a book, however you'd lose all that wonderful animation. Lenticular picture book please

Comment

Lenticular book... That is a really nice idea! I should look into that.

Comment

Feel free, i know it's possible to get lenticular stuff printed however most lenticular printing assumes you want to make a 3D photo rather than animating images like you can do on cheap stickers and trading cards. It'd certainly make a unique book i can't think of any books out there that have done that before.

Having beautiful pixel art that you could see move in a book would certainly be something indeed. Hell even ones with an added 3D layered depth would be cool.
                            Last edited by importaku; 11-06-2015, 18:48.

Comment

Yeah, I can't think of a book like that. That could be really cool. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Don't let DT stiff you on the concept royalties Importaku!

Comment

Working...
                                X