No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you ET, it's always such a huge boost receiving compliments like that - is appreciated, very much so indeedy.

Really hoping to see you post some work mate, no matter what your abilities may be this is a thread to share our arty doodles. Go on...Would love to see some works.

thanks again :-)
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Drew a picture for the lady last night, I'm dead pleased, I was always terrible at drawing the female form.
      Plus I managed to refine the rather sinister looking original sketch

Last edited by EvilBoris; 12-03-2009, 20:02.

Comment

Fantastic pussy, Adam. Sorry, I couldn't resist. They're great though - really tangible and soft. Lovely.

And Boris, love the dress. Nice stuff.

Comment

A1 picture Adam. Great stuff

Comment

Amazing stuff on show - can?t believe I?ve never browsed this thread before. ^^

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
            I'm trying desperately to do illustration as my work, like you i've recently made a conscious effort to pursue art as my chosen path..... it's just bloody difficult knowing where to start or who or where to turn to. I sadly have no GCSEs or any form of qualifications or training when it comes to Art so feel somewhat hindered by that... though that's why i'm trying hard to build up my portfolio at the mo.
            Best bet would be to take your work to college and show the Graphic Design lecturer. Judging by the strength of your portfolio you should be able to get onto a Graphic Design BTEC (worth 3 ? A levels). A final grade of merit or distinction is accepted (and prefered) by Art Universities, so that would get you onto a Degree in illustration.

I imagine you'd have to do English, Science and Maths GCSE part-time as well though.

Hope that helps.

Luke.

Comment

Glad to see this thread being revived with more atmospheric treats Adam, you should defo get on an illustration course!

Been kind of busy with the illustration so far this year. Here's a couple that fellow gamers might enjoy!

This is for a Darkstalkers Tribute art book that Udon are doing. I don't know if I've made it in yet. But I'm hoping so as I really put my heart in to this one!

My first major attempt at pixel art. It's a slow way of working but kind of fun too.

Some student illustrations I did. Edited in to a Street Fighter-like montage. Yep, that's the strongest game reference I could manage.

Hope y'all dig. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Comment

Wow, I adore that pixel art one. That is amazing - both the pixel and non-pixel parts of it. You have a lovely style. You know what I would have loved? A whole image done like the background of your Darkstalkers pic - like a tribute to both Darkstalkers and the SFZ3 DC artwork. Amazing work.

Comment

Fanbloodytastic work guys! I have to get my arse into gear & get doodling!!

Comment

Cheers guys!

I think I know the bit of SFZ3 artwork you mean Dogg. It pretty much inspired the idea for those background characters. Incidently, I just found out that I didn't make it into the Udon book...but at least my girlfriend did though!

Will post more stuff as it's done.

Comment

Wow, there is some seriously great stuff in here guys!

I have to admit, being piff at art myself I have never ventured into this thread, but it's a favourite now!

Comment

I know what you're saying about your teacher killing your love for art, the same thing happened to me too... My teacher hated me (and if he didn't he certainly acted like it...), he didn't like the fact i liked to draw things that had detail, rather then splashes of paint. I never finished my GCSE in art because of him.
                        Yeah my art teacher hated me too I think. He loved 2 guys especially in my class because he knew their fathers. He'd take a look at my work, then draw over it to alter it into his liking, which meant that I couldnt put that piece of work in as my own for my marks. B@stard! Everytime I created something I was afraid he'd wreck it & I'd have to start again. He spoke differently to me like he had some kind of problem with me.

I've finished a piece today, took a while (used lots of materials to get the desired soft effect, including pencil, pen, colouring pencils, water colours and digitial)
                        When u say digital do u mean Photoshop? If so do u know where I can get a cheap Photoshop program?

Comment

Hey guys... Got a new one here :-)

This. took. hours...

My first attempt of this was complete in Feburary 2009, however I was not happy with the finished piece so decided to get back to the drawing board… literally. I poured everything into this effort so I really hope it shows. There’s a lot of detail that can’t be seen unless zoomed in – for example each ear has multiple layers of hair strands, each one casting their own shadow. I really tried to push myself with this picture and I am happy with the finished result. I hope you like it too :-)

It's great to see you posting some more work crocky-chocky, awesome style. Love it mate, bright, colourful and absolutely brimming with character. Love it.

Tommy, sounds like your teacher was my teacher's brother! Hope it hasn't darkened your passion completely, pick up those pencils again if you can. As for photoshop, i would love to help buddy but i'm actually trying to hunt one out myself! Ive lost my previous installation CD and i'm desperate to get it on my laptop. So.. if you find something out before me please share

Comment

I'm finding it very hard to believe you're not qualified lol - I got a visual arts degree and I can't draw half as well as that

What a fantastic effort! Whatever it is you do for a living, you're in the wrong profession that's for sure!
                            Last edited by Daragon; 26-03-2009, 23:01.

Comment

Ha, thanks mate :-)

It'll be great to see some of your stuff.

I've just updated a new gallery if anyone fancies checking it out?

Keep the artwork coming guys!

Comment

Hello all,

I've been horribly busy with random ****ty-stuff recently so haven't had the time to put pen to paper... yet I've got all these ideas bouncing around inside that i'm desperate to get pin down... I'm hoping things will settle soon so to get back on the roll... But I was wondering if you guys have been up to anything creative recently?

Comment

Working...
                                X