X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Oh.

What do you do?
    Just office stuff but I'm still technically on trial so I think you know where this is going

Tis life, ill find something else
    Last edited by ETC; 14-02-2013, 20:24.

Comment

Sorry to hear that ETC. Hope you get something lined up quickly.

Comment

sorry to hear that as well

but with the smile thread im sure everyone knows last friday i was medically discharged from the royal navy after 23 years

will be made official on the 27th when the royal navy employability board sits and from what the doctor told me they havent overturned a decision he has made since he has been in the job (3 years)

in a more luckier position than most that i get a nice lump sum, immediate pension which is just enough to cover the mortgage and some pennies to get myself retrained but the driving courses i wanted to do have been custard pied due to my medical condition, so back to the drawing board

will be paid up until the 1st July give or take a few days

so another here who is joining the swelling ranks looking for work

Comment

I've been enrolled by the job centre on a nice little course. It's a NVQ in Performing Manufacturing Operations. Basically training to be a MIG welder.

I'm really enjoying it and am doing a few little projects in my breaks. It's just great fun! My welds are looking good too, to the point where there is a possibility I could get coded.

Anyone interested should definitely give it a go.

Comment

Welding is an amazing skill. You should try titanium. That's the dark art.

Comment

Finished my welding course last week and also got coded!

I enjoyed it so much, I'm going back for night classes so I can advance my (still pretty basic) skills further.

Also, the guy who runs the course has promised to get me at least one interview and his post course commitment to helping me get back into engineering is nice to see.

Comment

Sent my CV off to a couple of companies (Scotrail, BT openreach, Coastguard MCA) for a couple of jobs and my first interview is on Friday in Glasgow with BT openreach

Second ever interview in my life

Went to a Scottish veterans charity yesterday (erskine) and even though I had already been accepted as a cash collector and a helper with people harmed in conflict I still was a nervous wreck

Comment

Just had my first interview and it seemed to go okay

Now people that have had some what does that mean???

No idea

Comment

It means it went ok. You have to hope that all the other interviews they gave were not quite as good as yours.

Your first interview as a civvy going "ok" is superb BTW. Nice one. Worst case you ought to get (may have to ask for) feedback and improve for the next one.

Best of luck dude.

Comment

And no job lol

Loads of people interviewed for only a handful of positions and still haven't heard from BT yet

Had a phone call from CTP who is a company that deals with service leavers who offered me another interview with BT on the 31st of this month doing the same job but only on a two year fixed contract rather than permanent

Will wait for the rejection letter and find out what I did wrong - missed it by 2 points apparently which again I have no idea who close that is

If it was catastrophic then I may have to rethink my interview process

Comment

I think you'd make a good PI Jason. Maybe not like Magnum, but The Equalizer is a bit of you I reckon.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

An older gentlemen who smells of cabbage

Or are you saying pi because I'm chubby and like pie more often than I should

Comment

Had my second interview for the same job a few weeks ago but dismissed the interview because it didn't seem to go well

But I got a phone call today offering me the job yeh!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well done, is normally the way, the interviews you think go really well you never hear back from, and the ones you think you did awful in you get a call to go back etc.

Just be youself Jason, oh wait a minute, hold that thought

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                                Had my second interview for the same job a few weeks ago but dismissed the interview because it didn't seem to go well

But I got a phone call today offering me the job yeh!!!!!!!!
                                Well done that man. Why didn't it go well, did you tell them your hobbies included obsessively collecting videogames

Comment

Working...
                                X